PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The principle business systems analyst will perform a variety of business analysis, planning and technical tasks and will be responsible for the support of several business systems. Determine, analyze, validate and lead the definition of critical business processes for FMCNA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project teams and coordinate efforts. Take projects from initial inception through final completion incorporating establishing and documenting project scope and objectives, creating schedules, monitoring and reporting on project milestones and identifying and addressing any issues which may impact project progress.
- Analyze and document functional requirements, business processes, determine requirements, and to set priorities for projects. Lead development efforts for sub project deliverables. This includes but is not limited to:
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders via discovery sessions, draft reviews of Business Requirement Documenting, proofing of requirements documents, and obtaining approval of document from stakeholders.
- Providing guidance and oversight for Systems Integration Test Case preparation.
- Assisting Quality Assurance in Functional and End to End validation.
- Providing management project updates to Integrations leadership.
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing.
- Act as a subject matter expert, utilizing in-depth understanding of all aspects of reporting systems. Work to improve existing systems and to anticipate future direction changes providing scope for future sub-projects.
- Work with software vendor and/or product team to guide new feature development by:
- Identifying, documenting and expressing need for new feature(s).
- Documenting requirements.
- Validating vendor’s proposed solution by participation in vendor-led customer design teams.
- Testing newly delivered functionality.
- Identifying deficiencies and creating new requests.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required 10% travel not to exceed two or three overnight trips per month.
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degreepreferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Understanding and interpretation of Business Needs, Clinical Workflows for Enterprise Electronic Medical Records
- Translate business needs into technical solutions (process design)
- Strong understanding of clinical workflows
- Document, clarify and refine business requirements
- Ability to create use cases/user stories
- Process design
- Ability to interpret the business rules and healthcare requirements
- create functional specifications to support the business processes
- ability to identify insufficiencies in workflow, application or user request
- strong understanding of UI, specifically with Electronic Health Records
- ability to design clinical application enhancements to meet end user and business needs
- Other Skills necessary
- work across functional teams
- capability to provide support to end users for user acceptance testing
- Understanding of application integration as it relates to EHR /EMR applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Strong organizational, project management and process analysis skills are essential.
- Healthcare and Electronic Medical Records experiencerequired
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare delivery and dialysis clinic operations are a plus.
Job ID 18000E4A