The Principal Business Analyst is responsible for leading the solution design phase of a startup project. The solution design process includes the discovery of requirements and begins at the first draft of a proposal in response to a RFP and continues through the finalization and approval of a solution for implementation. The Principal Business Analyst role continues throughout the project as needed to make modifications as requested and approved, and to support the implementation team as it relates to the solution designed. This position reports to a Director level role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the IT team and coordinate with Operations, Engineering, and Sales in the design of a solution that meets the defined requirements in the services agreement for a customer. Ensure that final solution design is properly transitioned to the implementation team. Facilitate all design activities to include; definition, design, validation and quality assurance.
- Responsible for adhering to timelines, insuring the highest quality, moving the project team forward with urgency, and delivering frequent, timely, crisp communication to all stakeholders during the design process.
- Lead and own the process of establishing best practices for solution design and ensuring that these practices are adhered to. Including best in class configurations for key functions, not limited to receiving, put-away, picking and shipping.
- Develop a deep understanding of system capabilities and be the subject matter expert for the WMS applications.
- Oversee the documentation, preparation, presentation, review and signoff process for solution design.
- Support Engineering, Operations and Sales in the RFP process to include; discovery, customer sales and pre sales meetings, solution design, and pricing.
- Obtain agreement and sign-offs of solution designs from project stakeholders; Operations, Engineering, Sales, Customer.
- Provide feedback to the Manager for performance reviews and goal setting for senior business analysts and business analysts.
- Utilize project management methodologies, maintain and update documentation consistent with the NFI common framework.
- Provide guidance and direction to help develop Business Analysts.
- Continuously find ways to improve processes, execution, and delivery by staying informed on system enhancements, product road maps and market developments.
- Track and manage all assigned tasks and collaborate with the assigned PMO resource.
- Ability to identify and resolve system issues including root cause analysis.
- Other project related roles as assigned including assuming the project lead for the implementation of a startup.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team, demonstrate a strong Team commitment
- Outstanding problem solving abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to be a proactive problem solver
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and tools quickly and thoroughly
- Team Development
- Outstanding decision making skills and the ability to take measured risks
- Ability to lead and champion change
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Degree - BA / BS strongly preferred
- 7+ years industry experience 3rd party logistics, warehousing and/or transportation
- 5+ years’ software solution design and implementation experience on relevant warehouse management systems.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with external customers, both written and oral
- Expert level experience with WMS configuration and testing
- Strong MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access
- Basic relational database knowledge and SQL query experience for data mining
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with formal project management methodologies
- Hands on production support experience
- Outstanding writing skills for both business and technical documentation
- Ability to manage issues through completion
- Familiarity with data integration formats (e.g. EDI, HTML, XML, SAP iDocs, MA txml, delimited files, and positional data files).
- Experience designing and writing data integration maps
- Outstanding presentations skills, both written and oral
- This position can be a remote position
- Travel 25% - 50%