Job Posting End Date: 04/19
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary: Individuals in this position are responsible for collaborating with Architects, Business Architects, strategy consultants, and business partners in the development of capability roadmaps for a given domain. They will take lead in ensuring that initiatives are prioritized and executed in alignment with the long-term business strategy. Principal Business Analysts will typically cover a domain – like a BDH or Value Stream. They are accountable for the tactical delivery of the strategic components through development of business cases and collaboration and oversight of deliverables with agile teams. They will also contribute ideas and suggestions to the strategic roadmap for the company based on the needs and direction of their domain.
Job Specifications (Required Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant professional qualification or acceptable industry experience.
- 8+ years of demonstrated Business Analysis experience
- Proven collaborative and negotiation skills with Technology and Business
- Able to deal with significant ambiguity and translate into more tangible outcomes
- Proven track record of success with business delivery (software solutions)
- Demonstrates a metrics and financial mindset to ensure ROI for business
Strong insurance or relevant industry experience preferred
Certifications strongly preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of an annual or bi-annual capability roadmap for that domain consisting of the highest priority business deliverables
- Responsible for the realization of capabilities as features on product backlogs
- Collaborates with the business leaders, IT Leadership, Chief Product Owner(s) and Product Owner(s) to ensure the capabilities deliver the expected return on investment and are prioritized accordingly
- Collaborates with architects to create digital business capabilities that are innovative and highly capable. May be involved in the definition of external partnership engagement/agreements.
- Co-ordinates or participates in tool, technology and service selection, risk assessments and sunsetting in conjunction with technical and business stakeholders ensuring consistency with existing business needs and architectural sustainability.
- Leads discussions with Business Analysts, Product Owners, Leaders of Agile Teams and the corresponding management and teams to ensure alignment of priorities. Helps team translate strategic themes and roadmaps to tangible deliverables which can become backlog items
- Provides coaching and mentoring for Senior Business Analysts and Business Analysts and ensures consistency of business analyst artifacts and quality of business analysis. Develops and presents business cases for high level initiatives for approval, funding and prioritization
- Takes responsibility for Business strategy for that domain through analysis and ensures that feature definitions will deliver the capabilities identified on the short to midterm roadmap
- Collaborates with Test Engineers to define and articulate capability acceptance criteria
- Completes business architecture deliverables as part of broad capability team to ensure clarity of direction
- Collaborate with the user experience team across multiple business applications including cloud/third party solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to translate business strategy into business capability roadmaps.
- Strong team player; able to lead and work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.