Principal Business Analysis Consultant - Technical Service Management
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Responsible for coordinating strategic direction and Book of Work management for Compute Hosting products including Windows Platform, Unix Platform, Platform Security, Private and Public Cloud.
This Analyst will be involved in the day to day Service Coordination management of the entire Compute Hosting area. Responsibilities will include pulling together all activities revolving around new processes, actions tracking, hardware/software considerations, financial tracking and group interactions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate strategic direction and Book of Work Management for Compute Hosting products.
- Liaise with application development, and infrastructure teams to track technology product actions that directly addresses client needs.
- Perform as the face for Compute Hosting service coordination and application team liaison.
- Lead monthly forums with Executive Steering Committee producing consolidated reports, presentations and controls.
- Interface with the Risk/Audit teams and application development compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate End of Life activities with primary End of Life team.
- Problem management and Root Cause Analysis coordination of Priority 1 outage information across multiple teams within compute hosting.
- Delivery planning and milestone tracking.
Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Appliesexperiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in providing consulting advice to Senior IT and Business Management is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Client Relationship Management and Business Requirements Gathering.
- Understanding of IT architectural concepts as they relate to operating systems and hardware.
- Experience with Confluence/JIRA.