Principal Build and Release Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants.
Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals
. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
Looking for a self-driven developer/technologist that loves working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment to join our DevOps team as a Principal Build and Release Engineer.
Candidate should possess skills to define roadmaps, execution plan, and work with Development, Operation, QA, and Business stakeholders to implement highly scalable, portable build and release framework and automation.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Responsible for the setup, configuration and maintenance of the source code control and build systems.
- Design and implement automation strategies to create a stable environment and generate repeatable results.
- Design and develop tools to help automate build release processes
- 8+ Years of DevOps, Software, or Build and ReleaseEngineeringexperience
- Passionate about automation
- Strong scriptingexperience: shell, perl, ruby, python, or others
- Highly efficient with continuous integration tool: Electric Cloud, Jenkins, Bamboo, or other
- Strong knowledge of build management tool: make, maven
- Familiarity with version control system and its different branching methods.
- Strong Linux and system administration
- Software development background a bonus
- Experience with cloud or container technology
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.