As a Digital Strategy Principal, you can expect to spend the majority of your time working on digital topics, and the balance working on a broader set of critical, unique challenges presented by our clients. Principals work at the forefront of client engagements, serving as a key driver of client value. At BCG, we set our standard for value creation high, challenging ourselves to deliver tangible and positive change, not simply presentations or ideas. Our work must provide next-level insights, change the mindset of our clients, and lead directly to clients taking action and executing their business in new ways.
In addition to managing the holistic program for clients, you will also coach and inspire your team to develop their consulting and digital skills, creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow. Working alongside BCG and client project leaders, you will contribute expertise, synthesize recommendations, challenge work in progress, and re-orient analyses as necessary. Finally, you will contribute to BCG’s intellectual capital in the digital space, defining industry leading thinking, contributing to the Practice Area development and helping build BCG’s brand as a digital leader.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of work experience within digital fields, including product management, digital marketing & analytics, and/or designing & delivering world-class software products, in leading digital companies and/or start-ups.
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in a consulting environment, driving large-scale transformations, with a history of excellent client service. Core consulting skills are critically important in this role:
- Strong analytic skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking.
- Ability to develop leading-edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
- Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the norm.
- Deep experience and clear alignment with at least one industry where we could see an immediate fit with our business.
- History of building credibility and relationships with leaders, technical and non-technical people to align on strategy, inspire stakeholders, and execute on a day-to-day basis. The ability to work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams including engineers, architects, data scientists—or whatever is required to solve the client’s challenge—will be vital to success.
- Proven experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, determining the product vision and roadmap, delivering strong customer experiences, and managing stakeholder interactions.
- Advanced quantitative analysis, solid business acumen and problem solving ability. High capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Strong academics from a MS or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide “thought leadership” to teams, fully owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements.
- A solid track record of building strong client relationships with large organizations, as well as identifying opportunities to deepen those relationships and grow the business.