As a Senior Statistician you will be driving statistical input in one or more individual clinical studies within a clinical program or across multiple clinical programs. Performing exploratory statistical analysis to gain novel insight that can be used to help inform the development of existing or new compounds. The role is part of the Digital Business Transformation (DBT) and will require the Principal Biostatistician to work effectively with other cross-functional teams within and outside Statistical Sciences and Innovation (SSI).
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Lead one or more biomarker, omics or big data projects, offering expert statistical input across all stages of analysis, from feasibility and optimal study design to dissemination of results.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of advance predictive models to improve decision-making for clinical studies, clinical strategy, operational efficiency and patient experience.
- Communicates results to clinical teams and non-technical audiences focusing on the significance of the findings and interpreting them in the context of the broader scientific questions.
- Supports studies across all stages of clinical development by providing evidence in support of studies using datamining approaches.
- Contributes to raising the profile of the department with the dissemination of scientific findings through papers, conferences and seminars.
- Communicates and coordinates all statistical activities with external partner biostatisticians. Ensuring the implementation of global, program and SSI standards by all biostatisticians contributing to the project.
- Provides input on interpretation of results by attending and presenting at the Results Interpretation Meeting (RIM). Reviews and inputs into the clinical study report.
- Assists the biostatistician lead for a program of studies with the statistical deliverables for regulatory submissions and the lifecycle of a development compound.
You will contribute by:
- Providing novel statistical methods using Machine Learning and AI
- Implementing and applying Statistical methodology within a clinical development setting
- Effectively contributing within cross-functional or multi-disciplinary groups
- Staying current with ongoing developments in statistical methods applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Acting as a resource for other biostatisticians in SSI
- Communicating complex issues in nontechnical language by using visuals, simulations and other illustrative techniques.
- Providing statistical sciences training to UCB employees from different disciplines on statistical concepts.
- Seeking opportunity to represent UCB by active participation in external professional/technical forum and defend statistical strategies in front of regulatory authorities when required.
- Contributing and reviewing abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts for publication and ensures accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- PhD. within a Statistical or computational field
- Have strong experience using R and Python
- Experience in data visualisation (RShiny)
- Experience in Machine learning/AI and applying Big Data methodology