The purpose of the Principal Billing Configuration Specialist position is to manage and coordinate activities concerning the billing platform including but not limited to: researching functionality inquiries, managing enhancement requests, and providing support for billing system releases and upgrades. This position also assists the Billing Configuration management team by analyzing data and producing reports to monitor SLA adherence and track departmental activity. The Principal Billing Configuration Specialist will be the primary reviewer of design documents prior to implementation.This position has extensive interaction with Charter, billing vendors, and other external contacts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply knowledge of the billing platform and products.
- Create, implement, maintain, solutions for billing configuration to automate the processes reducing risk for implementation errors.
- Utilize knowledge of ICOMS services and products.
- Maintain and perform updates to parameters on the billing platform (production, training and test). Review, validate and approve parameter updates and configuration as required to ensure continuity and system integrity.
- Review Conceptual Design Documents provided by the Intake and Delivery team as well as the internal team and provide feedback prior to team implementation.
- Research and respond to internal customer requests.
- Support testing efforts in the test environment.
- Validate testing for enhancements prior to implementation to ensure daily operations are not adversely impacted.
- Perform research and respond to inquiries from all areas of the organization.
- Assume a mentorship role with other team members as needed to share knowledge and contribute to the fulfillment of departmental goals.
- Complete special projects
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional communications among multiple teams.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of personal computer and software application skills (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheet, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of the billing systems and platforms (CSG/ICOMS) products and services.
- Knowledge of broad IT operations and interconnectivity of systems
- Exposure to automation tools such as rumba and other macro or automation programs
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of the billing systems and platforms (CSG/ICOMS) products and services.
Advanced knowledge in the use of the ICOMS billing platform including but not limited to: SQL, parameter entry, security, and product and pricing structure.
Bachelor's degree in IT or related field is preferred from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Telecom Experience 6+
Billing Platform Application 8+
Travel Required – 25%.