Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Principal Back End Developer to join the Confluence team in Mountain View. You will have a direct impact to the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll work as part of a small but rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Specialization in Java
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliability and durability software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with building microservices
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We're dedicated to being agile, which means we're constantly learning about our users' experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.