We are looking for engineers that love and have chosen to specialize in backend development, and love working within Node/Express and both NoSQL (MongoDB/Mongoose) and SQL DBs (postgres). As a backend engineer, you have best practices and mental frameworks that you are proud of and clearly communicate your design principles. You are familiar with infrastructure and have experience in configuring AWS services, Docker containers, Kubernetes clusters, and strategizing infrastructure needs with the DevOps team.
- Working with cross-functional team members to produce backend services to support business requirements
- Creating API services for frontend consumption
- Developing an API versioning plan to implement and maintain backward compatibility
- Planning and releasing new services and database schemas
- Strategy to increase source code automated test coverage
- Ensure API services are maintainable and debuggable through proper automated tests and logging procedures.
- Ensure deployments are handled gracefully through proper data schema management and migrations.
- Enforcing security practices to ensure data integrity
- Guiding architectural standards & best practices
- Designing complex, yet scalable & maintainable backend services & infrastructure
- Key contributor on data model design & integrity
- Being a technical leader and mentor for others - a positive multiplier for the team
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years in our primary stack or close equivalent (Node/Loopback)
- Solid understanding of relational (sql) and unstructured (nosql) data modeling
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Familiarity with AWS (and EKS)
- Proven record of launching and maintaining robust API services that have gone through the test of time supporting high volume transactions.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture and service interaction patterns
- Strong understanding of source code branching & deployment strategies
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Understanding of domain drive design modeling
- MongoDB / Postgres
- Mongoose / TypeORM
- Data Serialization: Protocol Buffers / GRPC / JSON
Bonus Points For
- DevOps experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline management
- Experience with test automation
- HR industry experience