Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Principal Avionics Engineer in El Segundo, CA to support the Enterprise Mission Assurance Team (EMAT). The EMAT's charter is to deliver technically superior risk assessments and smart risk mitigation options to ensure SSC space systems' mission success in support of the joint warfighter and the nation. The SSC Portfolio Architect (SSC/ZA) maintains the EMAT to provide independent assessments of program risks and risk mitigation options to SSC leadership for designated SSC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The EMAT acts independently from the programs under its review, and the SSC/CC is the final authority for directing and authorizing reviews by the EMAT.Responsibilities:
- Supporting the avionics panel by providing technical assistance in the areas of various rockets' avionics hardware systems
- Technical evaluation and risk assessments of guidance and navigation hardware, thrust vector control, electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical interfaces, and sensors
- Evaluation of the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency and digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems, and aspects of hardware in other technical areas (Parts, Materials and Processes)
- Evaluation of risk in the areas of test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, system checkout procedures, launch operations, software, system interfaces, post flight analysis, plus test range instrumentation support and planning
- Technical evaluations and risk assessments in the area of product assurance including quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and comparisons of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
- Subject matter expertise (SME), in support of EMAT mission areas as defined in SMC-S-16, SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204
- Developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in the above SMC guides
- Performing peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on launch vehicles developed by SMC s prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors
- Master's Degree is required and limited to Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a Physical Science.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on design, build, test experience in one or more of the following arears: Circuits, Flight Computers, electrical power distribution, electro-mechanical devices, telemetry, or Navigation and Control hardware design, qualification, and acceptance
- Industry experience with launch vehicle avionics
- Experience conducting technical evaluation and risk assessments in the area of product assurance including quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms
- Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment
Clearance Requirements: Must have active Secret clearance.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.