At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Legal Project Manager
Critical member of the Managing Vice President & Chief Counsel’s Legal Leadership Team within Capital One’s Financial Services Division with the following core responsibilities:
Project managing the design and transformation of a new legal technology infrastructure that is Ai (Augmented intelligence)-forward; Devising frameworks for optimizing and managing legal processes, including within the FS Experience Model; Capturing and reporting Operational Metric data to the Division President, the FS Leadership Team and Capital One’s Office of the General Counsel; and Creating FS Legal Department creative content (blogs, articles, podcasts, etc.).
- Project management of technology solutions (serve as liaison between Legal and Tech teams to conduct a build v. buy analysis of a technology solution that serves as a knowledge management database, workflow management tool with a customer-centric user interface, advanced search functionality and predictive Ai capabilities; manage group design of solution and data capture/integrity)
- Responsible for identification and resolution of process breakdowns and a deep understanding of connectivity of process steps
- Management and reporting of project deliverables and operational metrics
- Partner with different Legal Team members to produce creative content that educates the FS Division and broader Capital One organization on the FS Legal Team’s team members, capabilities, challenges, community-oriented initiatives, etc.
We are a seeking dedicated, disciplined, tech-forward project management, process-oriented and data-centric professional who excels in a team environment. Excellent communication, listening, problem-solving and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and ability to adapt to change quickly are critical. The ability to ask probing questions and ‘influence up and across’ is key to success in this position. The ideal candidate will have a solid technology, organizational, and communication background, as well as proven experience achieving results. This is an excellent opportunity to help bring significant efficiencies to a high-powered Legal Team on the cutting edge of data, technology and Ai. Experience working with corporate support team professionals is a differentiator.
· Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
· At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years’ Project Management experience
- Augmented Intelligence or Machine Learning experience
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP), or Lean certification, or Agile certification, or Six Sigma certification
- Experience working with corporate support team professionals
- Can-do attitude with a strong dose of creativity, listening skills, fun and sense of humor