GasOperationsis focusedon ensuringthe safeand reliableflowof naturalgasto our customers.Asawhole, GasOperationsis responsibleforallaspectsof PG&E'sgasdistributionandtransmissionoperations,includingplanning,engineering,maintenanceandconstruction,restorationand emergencyresponse.
This position is responsible for enabling an effective and efficient Gas Safety Excellence management system for Gas Operations. It develops and implements the Gas data management framework and consults across the lines of business to analyze risks and develop documentation in support of effective implementation, including a strategic plan.
Facilitates key stakeholder input into the data risk register by coordinating within the asset families, data producers, and data consumers and maintains the strategic plan through critical assessment of ongoing work and future risk mitigation plans and their impact on risk reduction.
Serves as a liaison with the asset families, Gas Operations risk team, and Enterprise Risk Management, ensuring alignment of data risks and risk mitigations with the risk register. Responsible for the data management strategic plan document and preparing supporting reports and analysis for effective data management.
Assists with development of testimony for rate cases, including the supporting analysis related to the overarching strategic plan.
- Leads development of the data management framework by effectively managing internal and external resources to establish the data asset register, data risk register, data management standard, data governance structure, and strategic data management plan.
- Leads data management and data quality risk assessment efforts and coordinates across asset families and individual work streams in Gas in accordance with PG&E standard practice
- Provides the single point of contact on risk management related to data management and data quality risks
- Supports development, implementation, and monitoring of appropriate data management and data quality risk mitigation activities and controls, working with Gas Operations business clients.
- Coordinates with other asset family owners and SMEs and understands integration of all asset management plans with the data management strategic plan
- Oversees coordination of risk register updates and data management strategic plan
- Leverages risk information to understand and challenge business decisions.
- Contributes to the development of best practices in risk, data, and asset management across Gas Operations by engaging with industry and other asset-intensive organizations
- Develops and coordinates the preparation of presentation materials for senior management.
- Leads and/or coordinates rate case initiatives for data management
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Develops, documents, updates, and maintains data management process and procedures that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Ensures the Senior Manager of AssetKnowledge Management as the data risk owner is aware of the level of risk faced
- Supports investment planning in risk-informed prioritization assessments, ensuring high level of alignment in methodologies and assessments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of utility or other related experience
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of data management practices
- Knowledge of risk analysis and assessment
- Knowledge of Gas Operations business and associated assets
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Ability to integrate various streams of information into a cohesive plan
- Ability to work independently and across multiple functions, work collaboratively to build strong working relationships
- Ability to facilitate decision-making
- Ability to synthesize complex issues into easy to understand concepts
- Ability to influence varying levels of leadership and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities to completion.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to engage appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME) and key stakeholders
Requisition ID # 4085