Principal Architect - Video Network Architecture
We are looking for ?Principal Architect – Video Network Architecture for our client in Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Principal Architect – Video Network Architecture
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Design and develop the next generation of linear, Streaming and application video networkarchitecture.
- Ensure intermediary broadcast/broadband/OTT video storage infrastructure will meet growing needs of increased 4K content, AD generation, and AEG’s combined platform VOD needs.
- Ideal candidate should be somebody who enjoys and can lead the network design, architecture, planning across Video compression, Conditional access, Service Provider and Data Center environments.
- Lead network strategy for building a new Video Delivery platform to deliver next generation video services over web, on mobilenetworks, Wireline IP networks and via Satellite.
- Effectively contribute towards the architecture delivery of 4K, advanced Video services, targeted advertising over any device, seamlessly and reliably ensuring industry leading customer experience.
- Designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components and architecture in support of the wireless and wireline infrastructure for Video Services.
- May provide mid to long-term planning for a specific technology which includes analysis, solution recommendations, and implementation strategies to complex business issues.
- These activities are the basis for capital deployment and allocation decisions.
- Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for wireless and wireline infrastructure.
- May conduct networkarchitecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Studies and forecasts traffic drivers to determine short and/or long term capacity needs.
- Recommends strategic networkarchitecture planning and network evolution policy decisions in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria;
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies for addition and/or application to existing network systems
- Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections;
- Creates deliverables such as management reports, business cases, infrastructure deployment guidelines, 3Year Plans, Plans of Record, Project Approval Letters, and Serving Plans.
- Works with key internal stakeholder & vendors to determine future business & customer needs.
- Facilitate and lead design reviews between cross functional groups
- Lead research of new trends and technologies
- Understand AEIS’s long term design vision and present the strategic benefits of adopting a consistent architectural approach
- Next Generation Video Services – NetworkArchitecture
- BS Degree in ElectricalEngineering (EE), Computer Science (CS), or related discipline
- 12 yrs or more experience working in a similar or related field
- In-depth understanding of Video networkArchitecture framework /broadcast/broadband/OTT/IPTV video workflow
Functional expertise in the following areas:
- OTT, IPTV, MobileTV experience.
- Content Production, Management, Delivery & Distribution
- Content management systems.
- Content processing: Encoding, Transcoding
- Video Compression and Distribution – Headend: Encoders and Decoders, multiplexers
- VoD technologies – video servers
- Virtualization, Switching, Routing, Security devices, Load balancers
- In-home networking for video: DLNA, Samba, home gateways
- End user devices for multimedia applications (tablets, smartphones, Setop-box )
- QoS/QoE architecture and monitoring solutions
Strong knowledge on IP internetworking –
- IP routing protocols like BGP, ISIS and OSPF
- Multicast Routing Protocols such as PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, MSDP, PIM-BSR etc.
- Deep exposure to Cisco data center products such like CRS-1, ASR9K, Nexus 7K/5K/2K, 7600, 6500, IOS/IOS-XR software.
- Understanding of latest trends and technologies including mobile and packet core preferred
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others.
- Excellent communication skills are ideal in order to be able to participate and drive customer meetings, as well as develop solutions.
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality