NBCUniversal is searching for a Principal Architect of Network and Telecommunications Architecture – Infrastructure to transform NBCU’s network and infrastructure capabilities to provide greater reliability, scale, and performance globally.
As part of the Enterprise Technology organization, this individual is a seasoned technology professional providing technical vision, architectural expertise, and leadership to multiple business and technical stakeholders to develop and sustain hardware and software-defined infrastructure capabilities including all aspects of Network, Unified Communications, and Directory Service technologies in order to support requirements across multiple lines of business.
This role is highly collaborative, working across business and technology teams to establish a target vision aligned with business and IT needs. Through engagement with business technology groups, solutions architects, and enterprise application and technology teams, you will lead efforts to align investment, technical direction, and execution to deliver enterprise capabilities.
· Provide technical leadership to help NBCU develop and broker world class, hardware and software defined network infrastructure capabilities.
· Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to develop platform vision, strategy and metrics, define business and technical requirements, technical design and roadmap, and drive project initiatives.
· Establish and maintain reference architectures for appropriate use of platform capabilities. Work with appropriate stakeholders to manage exceptions.
· Maintain an advanced understanding of IT industry trends in cloud, compute, network, security, and storage. Provide thought leadership as required to business technology groups and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other relevant discipline
- Fifteen (15) or more years of relevant experience, including experience in technology architecture, design and planning across a variety of network technology stacks (including security, WAN/LAN/Wireless/Voice/ Directory infrastructures, integration, and cloud).
- Seven (7) or more years of technical leadership experience.
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- Proven experience of successfully managing complex information technology platforms and integrations, and leading software engineering teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in practically applying existing, new and emerging technologies to current, new and evolving business needs in support of business strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of technology architecture, with proven design skills.
- Familiarity with system development life cycle management, IT services management, IT infrastructure and operations, and IT Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and COBIT.
- Knowledge of business and technology ecosystems, SaaS (Software as a Service), Iaas (Infrastructure as a Service), Paas (Platform as a Service), SOA, APIs, and microservices.
- Knowledge of on-prem and cloud ecosystems.
- Understanding of waterfall and agile software development, application lifecycle management (ALM) practices, and information management and data governance principles.
- IT project delivery experience, with proven track record of on-time and within budget delivery using project management best practices and structured methodologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated competence in identifying risk areas and proactively determining appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Experience effectively working with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Strong business integration skills and the ability to effectively communicate to key stakeholders. Ability to effectively influence key decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage corporate and cultural change in the development and implementation of new technology related programs, products and services.
- Proven track record of leading and influencing, including leading and mentoring architects and other technology professionals and managers, positively motivating teams, and instilling accountability for on-time, within budget delivery. Ability to develop and manage processes that motivate staff to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated competence in managing the work of vendors and/or subcontractors, completing vendor negotiations and contract development.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to prepare and effectively deliver presentations to senior executives and lead 'white board' discussions, pictorially capturing key concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, teams, staff, internal and external clients.
- Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to execute with precision while juggling multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures, and adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Ability to think strategically, proactively offering practical solutions and provide practical knowledge for tactical execution.
- Experience in media