$250K — $500K+*
CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for CVS Health and Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in key technologies & initiatives, you will join a architecture team that is building cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join CVS Health Aetna Digital!
CVS Health Aetna Digital is looking for a Principal Solution Architect who will be responsible for driving broad solution initiatives across multiple Digital applications in pursuit of a unified customer facing experience.
This role requires EXCELLENT coalition building skills, broad technical knowledge, great communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Is this you?
- Proven leader with the demonstrated ability to create technical solutions in large organizations with complex business requirements and constraints.
- Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
- Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving; excels at breaking down large problems into multi-step plans in an Agile development environment
- Collaborates with multiple Agile value stream execution teams in driving large solutions across multiple planning/execution cycles.
- Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
- Possesses broad technology knowledge (cloud, enterprise applications, microservices, data analytics, networking, data storage systems, APIs, large-scale systems)
- Experienced leader who brings a strategic mindset and who is capable of building realistic strategic roadmaps
- Excels at building relationships across silos
- Top-notch communication and evangelism skills
- Passionate about technology with a very high technical aptitude
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive large and complex solution initiatives across CVS Health Digital and/or the broader CVS Health enterprise.
- Build strong relationships and streams of collaboration across teams and SAFe solutions
- Participate in building the architectural strategic direction for CVS Health Digital
- Identify opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality within Digital
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
- Participate in building our reference architecture
- Provide architectural leadership in identification of technology partnerships
- Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
- 15-20 years as a software developer/architect. Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile/SAFe Release Trains)
- Expert in the design and development of complex solutions and systems
- Track record of driving broad solution initiatives in large organizations with a disciplined and rigorous approach.
- Substantial experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to produce clear and concise solution architecture documentation.
- Knowledge of popular Design Patterns
- Expert in distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
- Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in multiple technical subjects
- Experience with modern API patterns and how to build well-designed APIs
- Experience with multiple types of data stores and ETL systems
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
- Deep cloud experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Health care and/or insurance industry experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Master's Degree is desired.
Valid through: 6/15/2021