Do you want an exciting work environment blending cutting edge technologies with legacy systems to provide modern-day experiences to users who control the flow of products from creation to delivery? If the idea of looking at a thirty year old mainframe, and thinking, how can I get this in the cloud gets your brain working, this is the job for you. Fanatics is currently standing up brand new systems to act as a middle tier between on-premises mainframe based products and our cloud solution. This middle tier will be responsible for providing APIs and data exchanges for a multitude of end points, from data lakes, to supply chain visibility systems, to mobile apps designed to simplify business processes. If you are a problem solver, and want to create innovative, elegant solutions combining legacy and greenfield systems, this job is perfect for you.
- Provide architectural leadership, guidance and participate in the implementation of the following:
- API platform design
- Modernsecurity practices
- Data architectures such as event driven architectures, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications
- Cloud architecture principles
- Domain-driven factoring of service interfaces using domain modeling, event storming, and other techniques
- Partner with Security, Infrastructure and Architecture teams and develop Modern Platform architectureblueprints.
- Guide teams in addressing the technical challenges in migrating away from monolithic systems to a modern services architecture
- Provide hands-on guidance and development assistance to teams with an emphasis on strong layering and isolation practices and effective test strategies
- Guide delivery programs with one or more business applications which will be drivers for the emerging delivery infrastructure and API platforms.
- Evangelize business benefits and impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery and engineering practices.
- 12+ Years of Software Development and Architectural experience
- Experience with public and private cloud environments
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and big datatechnologies
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.