We are looking for a highly enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful architect to be part of Expedia’s eCommerce Platform Risk and Security (ERS) team. As the principal architect, you will be driving the application and technology stack that protect Expedia Inc and its brands from financial losses and brand reputation by securing its most valuable assets across all channels.
You will be part of the leadership team and report directly to senior vice president of the group, while connecting with the broader architecture community. You will have the opportunity to work on both a diverse range of strategic initiatives and projects as well as to take the lead on high visibility tactical objectives. You will bring your innate sense of curiosity and ability to absorb complex concepts to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will come with a breadth of full-stack experiences including scalable micro-services architecture, front-end frameworks, and cloud, and will have an ability to quickly ramp and assess new technologies.
You enjoy driving the development of prototype and proof-of-concepts, mentoring the engineering team, reviewing and guiding design choices, and dive into incidents when necessary. You are agile, innovative, and fun-loving.
- Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
- Design and architect solutions to build and extend upon our new distributed services
- Guide the overall design and architecture of our platform and its components including the APIs
- Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve the value proposition of the platform
- Mentor members of the development team to help build effective engineering practices
- Communicate effectively up and down the organization including to CTOs and executives across the company
- 10+ years of experience crafting and architecting services and solution in a distributed environment for the enterpise
- Ability to define and communicate a longer-term technical vision for both engineers and senior leadership
- Ability to collaborate with architects across different brands and recommend areas of re-use for our organization
- Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and user experience
- Experience in agile/scrum software delivery practices
- Strong working relationships with non-technical peers and a demonstrated ability to understand the workings of the overall business
- History of technical depth and recognition within previous teams as a domain authority
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable hands-on experience