Footlocker Inc is currently recruiting for a Core Retail - Supply Chain & Merchandising Principal Architect, to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team, building innovative solutions catering to our global business. This position will be based in Camp Hill, PA and report to the Vice President, Core Retail & Infrastructure.
Foot Locker is a leading global athletic footwear and apparel retailer, catering to the sneaker enthusiast and youth culture - If it’s at Foot Locker, it’s #Approved. Our brick and mortar and online stores offer the latest in athletically-inspired footwear and apparel, manufactured primarily by the leading athletic brands. Foot Locker provides the best selection of premium products for a wide variety of activities, including basketball, running, and training. Foot Locker’s 1,835brick and mortar stores are located in 23 countries. In addition, our online presence through apps, webstore and digitalexperiences helps us engage our customers at all times.
The Core Retail – Supply Chain & Merchandising Principal Architect is a new senior role within the Foot Locker IS&T Core Retail team and is accountable for the overall design and architecture strategy across the Supply Chain and Merchandising solutions used at Foot Locker today and in the future.
This role will work with business and IS&T peers and stakeholders in understanding the requirements, defining solution scope, and outlining an optimized best in class technology solution architecture to drive positive value and business outcomes in the Core Retail Move and Buy areas.
This role will apply deep subject matter expertise of cutting edge supply chain and merchandising processes, technologies and data architecture to identify, develop, and support implement solutions that improve productivity and processes, increase efficiencies, and optimize costs savings.
- Define & architect the design for Footlocker supply chain and merchandising solutions globally. This includes warehouse management, inventory management, distribution and fulfilment, merchandising and allocation planning, assortment planning, pricing and other solutions in this area.
- Take ownership for current in-flight solutions and development and bring the necessary expertise insight to shape their further delivery
- Perform detailed analysis of supply chain and merchandising business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to developers, business and functional analysts, testing teams, compliance and other IS&T team members
- Provide documented technical design proposals, estimates, specifications and maintenance guides
- Research leading edge technologies and processes for continuous improvement and innovation
- Work withinternal and external development teams to track delivery solutions to defined architectural standards
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps in the Supply chain and Merchandising areas
- Lead, align, influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries within IS&T and business functions (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations) without direct authority
- Manage the resolution of cross-functional and cross-platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with program objectives.
Must Have Qualifications & Technical Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- In-depth functional and technical knowledge and extensive working experience on WMS, Transportation management, RFID, Merchandising and Assortment planning technologies
- Experience in WMS solutions from Manhattan Associates
- Experience with industry leading merchandise and assortment planning big data driven technologies
- A minimum of 8-10 years architectureexperience in above areas
- Leadership experience in managing technologyarchitecture roadmaps and overseeing full life cycle implementations at enterprise scale
- Thorough knowledge and experience of service oriented architecture, open source technologies and APIs
- Experienceworking with following tools & technologies: Node & Angular.js, Apache open source stack, Testing Automation tools (i.e., Selenium, Jasmine)
- Experienceworking with collaboration, technical delivery and CI/CD tools like Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Github, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.
- Background and grounding in hands on coding with java, c++, .net, HTML, xml etc.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore and on-shore development teams and across time-zone and regions
- Experience with Scrum and an Agile Development environment
- Partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across IS&T, business and with external partners
- Ability to accurately forecast effort
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral; with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
Nice To Have Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and experience of WCS systems is a plus
- Preferred knowledge and possibly certification of structured architecture methodologies like Zackman or TOGAF