Reporting to the IT Director of Global Investment Services and Global Investment Research, the Software Architect will lead and oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of applications that support the GIS/GIR business needs. This includes the new development of a web-based Portfolio Analysis platform that will be leveraged by Investment Directors to make informed investment decisions on behalf of their clients.
The Software Architect will take a leadership role in collaborating with their Business counterparts to understand their needs and develop/design solutions to address them. The Software Architect will also provide leadership and mentoring to other members of the Development team, helping to define standards and set a tone for continuous improvement.
- Partner with Business counterparts to understand the context of their work and the challenges they face.
- Design and develop web-based solutions to address business requirements.
- Develop and oversee process and coding standards that ensure quality and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Oversee vendor staff to ensure standards are met, design patterns are followed and quality meets expectations.
- Mentor Development Team members to grow their skillsets and enable their success.
- Collaborate with other Architects across IT to ensure solution consistency, governance and best practices.
- 10+ years overall systems development experience
- 4-6 years system design/architecture experience
- Solid understanding of data architecture and distributed system design patterns
- 2-3 years of experience designing, developing or supporting SaaS applications and/or RESTful APIs.
- 3-5 years of experience working with SQL language and relational databases
- 3-5 years of experience implementing cloud-based/cloud-native solutions (AWS preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience leading software development teams (including offshore/vendor partners)
- Ability to understand the interactions and dependencies among complex systems
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Continuous integration and data validation/test automation
- Significant experience defining/enforcing standards and processes that ensure high quality and maintainable codebases
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal).