As a Nielsen Principal Architect, you are seen as the expert in your field and will be assigned the most complex, large scale initiatives. You will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. One will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing to recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs. The position requires a high degree of expertise in current web and database technologies and competency to work on the most complex projects. This position works on broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment. Define and build applications and systems to support near-term competitive products and services as well as long-term business needs. Key responsibilities include hands-on software development for prototypes and proofs of concept. The Principal Architect is also responsible for formally or informally leading and managing/mentoring other architects, developers, and coordinate activities with the development team.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, implement and document software applications and business systems of the highest complexity.
- Prototype software components and incorporate reusable assets into the application design.
- In collaboration with Architect Leaders, and as a result of a high degree of business engagement, develop plans for building application solutions and environments that address the company's business and technological strategies and are conducive to quick, inexpensive systems delivery.
- Participate effectively in projects to ensure technical success.
- Define, document, and implement conceptual designs consisting of data strategy, business processes, application interfaces, and technology solutions.
- Define and implement a structure and design framework including applications design; end-user environment; hardware, software and network environment; and methodologies and standards.
- Train, coach, and share technical and business knowledge with less experienced staff
- Develop software code which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies requirements for highly-complex or business-critical applications.
- Perform configuration management tasks
- Provide systems support to clients and support staff:
- Research, assess, and facilitate enhancements and resolution of incidents
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years IT experience with 5+ years’ experience in solutions development.
- 8+ years experience developing data processing applications and 5+ years at an Architect level.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with Big Data Technologies including Spark data pipeline framework and experience working in cloud environment.
- In-depth knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends.
- Experience in application architecture and design techniques, data modeling and relational database techniques.
- Extensive, practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills and leadership abilities using a process-oriented focus.
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- P- Comprehensive understanding of the retail consumer business environment.
- P- Industry experience in Market Research and Advertising related to Retail business intelligence.
Principal Architect (Azure, Spark, Snowflake) - 4499