$200K — $250K *
You will be one of the founding members of a discreet project intended to shape our technical landscape. You will use your experience to participate in the architecture, to the design and maintenance of a reliable avant-garde technological platform on which many long-term projects will be based. As a seasoned tech specialist and inspired leader, you will express a technical vision, create the conditions for success, and lead your colleagues in the realization of advanced projects through your personal contribution and that of your team. You will assess the capacity of new technologies to bring and promote innovation, reliability and productivity gains. You will collaborate with your peers in an inclusive, team-oriented, resource-rich communication environment where the customer comes first.
· Create and promote a technical vision to offer our customers stunning products.
· Create consensus, alignment; lead, develop and inspire a team.
· Maintain relationships with engineers and company stakeholders who contribute to the technology platform.
· Discover, integrate and proactively develop emerging technologies that drive innovation, reliability, sustainability and productivity.
· Define deliverables according to the defined vision and guide their development.
Come change the way the world plays in the cloud! At Amazon, we believe in the power of community. Our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry and we are dedicated to providing internal and external customers with AWS services and solutions that make a lasting impact.
We are looking for creative and operational engineering talent to join an established business that will be launching a new initiative in Montreal. Join us, and you'll have the power of Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail and AWS to launch and grow new products and services at massive scale.
You will be a foundational member on a stealth project charged with crafting our technical landscape. You who will draw on your experiences to architect, build, and maintain a state-of-the-art and reliable technological platform on which several long-term projects will be based. As a seasoned technologist and an inspiring leader, you will be able to articulate a technical vision, set pathways for success, and lead others in the delivery of advanced projects through both personal and team contributions. You will assess how new technologies can enable and encourage innovation, reliability and productivity gains. You will collaborate with peers who enjoy an inclusive communication style and are customer centric, resourceful, and team oriented. If you imagine the art of the possible and envision things we cando with technology that haven't been tried before, this role may be an ideal fit for you.
· Create and promote a technical vision that delivers products that amaze our customers
· Build consensus, create alignment, lead, develop, and inspire team members
· Foster relationships with business and engineering stakeholders who contribute to the technological platform
· Investigate, integrate, and proactively develop emerging technologies that encourage innovation, reliability, sustainability and productivity
Define the deliverables in accordance with the defined vision and guide their development
Inclusive Culture, Work / Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Our team also puts a high value on work-live balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting new members with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or an associated technical field.
· Over 12 years of experience as a chief engineer.
· More than 10 years of relevant and diverse experience as an engineer.
· Over 10 years of experience developing large-scale C ++ projects.
· Bachelor 's degree in computer science or related technical field
· 12+ years of experience as an engineering leader
· 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
· 10+ yearsof developing large scale C ++ projects
· Passion for customer experience, usability, reliability, self-service, performance and automation.
· Masters degree or higher level desired.
· More than 15 years of relevant experience.
· Management experience in the realization of large scale systems.
· Technical specialization in at least one of the main technical areas: design of complex distributed systems, design of monitoring and management tools for large-scale environments.
· Experience leading the lifecycle process and development best practices.
· Experience as a mentor / trainer to the engineering community on complex topics.
As an employer, we are proud to subscribe to the principle of equal access to employment, Amazon is committed to creating a workplace that reflects diversity. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of their citizenship, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation , disability, age or veteran status.
· Passion for customer experience , usability , reliability, self-service, performance and automation
· Master 's Degree or Higher preferred
· 15+ years of relevant experience
·Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
· Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: building complex distributed systems, building management or monitoring tools for large-scale environments
· Experience leading development life cycle processes and best practices
· Experience mentoring / training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Valid through: 4/19/2021