Experienced Software Product Consultant for Life Science clients
This position is preferred to be located in the Spring House PA, Boston MA or Chicago IL areas, but could be located remotely near major US airport when not traveling.
Travel will be about 70% for this role.
Act as services consulting team member, individual project task consultant and subject matter expert providing support and technical expertise, for Siemens software implementation projects throughout the project lifecycle (including design, development, implementation, installation, troubleshooting, configuration, enhancements, integration, testing, deployment, production and post-production support).
Interact and interface with the customer to support the management of customer technical and process expectations. Leverage technical and industry best practice and experience to help improve productivity and efficiency and leverage Siemens technologies. Works on complex issues/projects. Typically works under self-management within project constraints and may determine methods and procedures on assignments/projects. May provide guidance to others in country on customer consultation, technical design and implementation of the Siemens products and solutions.
• Configuration of S95 Level 3 MES Application software environment combined with development of extensions in supporting programming languages and Oracle to meet customer requirements including:
•Work Order Management
•Work Flow Management
•Electronic Batch Record Management
•Material Flow Management
•Equipment Lifecycle Management
• Create documentation supporting regulatory validation of the configured system
• Write and/or execute validation test scripts in the configured software environment
•Understand the analysis of the internal or external customer’s business goals, objectives and needs, the general business environment and how the current software initiative will impact or integrate with other initiatives (i.e. Supply chain, Manufacturing, etc.)
•Understand the goals of the project work stream to which you are assigned, the break-down of project tasks, and be able to explain to the internal or external customer the work streams relationship to the overall solution, and the customers business drivers for process improvement
•Establish, build and maintain effective relationships with internal or external customers technical peers and build new relationships through networking within the customer and other involved parties to support effective delivery
•Provide information and feedback to internal or external customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
•Provide technical advice and guidance to the internal or external customer in order to support the successful delivery of the solution
•Support the delivery of process workshops to identify and document the external customers current process flow and requirements for the new software solution, providing input into potential areas of misalignment.
•Contribute to the provision of consultancy for solution definition and aligning processes to software solutions, identifying gaps and recommending software solutions to close the gaps
•Consult with the internal or external customer on how to best modify or design processes to align to the software solution and business objectives
•Support the documentation of User Acceptance testing strategies for new and modified processes
•Effectively work with others to satisfactorily resolve process issues
•Generate documentation on business process alignment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Prefer experience with design and integration of S95 Level 2, Batch, and Level 1, DCS to include:
•Requirements management and functional specification development
•Interface to domain experts/SMEs
•Development of solution architecture
•Development test plans for performance and interface testing
•Manages change control
•Requirement tracking and quality assurance
•Interface with Siemens product specialists for technical support
•Commissioning of application in the production environment
•Support of the customer project schedule and plan to meet customer requirements
•BA, BS, MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field is required
• Experience with Enterprise software solutions is required
• Basic knowledge of ERP functionality is required
•2+ years MES experience required. (Siemens XFP/EBR is preferred)
•2+ years in Life Sciences industry required
•2+ years in solution consulting role required.
•Must be able to travel up to 70%
• Must be familiar with programming fundamentals (logical operators, data flow, object-oriented programming)
•Basic programming skills (VB.net, VB Script, XML) are required, C and Bootstrap languages helpful
• Strong knowledge of databases (SQL queries, data types, relational database structure) is required
• Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word
• Strong written and verbal skills are required
-Must also currently hold an H1-B, Green Card or be a US Citizen, located in the USA.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of Oracle databases is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft system administration, IT infrastructure or Oracle administration is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of MOM systems (ERP, DCS, MES, WMS) is strongly preferred
• Ability to translate business and manufacturing processes to workflows is strongly preferred
• Siemens PCS 7, WinCC, SIMATIC Net, SIMATIC Batch experience preferred