Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Help make health information more secure! The Software Security Group at athenahealth is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to help increase the security capabilities of our teams. Join a collaborative group that solves new and interesting application security problems at scale. With over 100 million patient records, athenahealth faces unique challenges that can only be solved by curious and driven people. Use your security, engineering, and communication skills to make a difference with the company that allows medical professionals to focus on what they do best - treat patients.
But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a curious problem solver with a passion for application security. You love protecting the code that we write, and you thrive working in technical leadership roles with a high degree of independence.
The Team: Software security group (SSG) is tasked with building security into the engineering processes so that software the company releases is secure.
- Responsible for socializing and driving the execution of key security best practices across the R&D organization
- Contribute to enterprise security catalog of best practices, techniques and patterns to enable secure implementation of features in products/product families
- Instruct R&D engineers on latest security risks to build a growing awareness that can be used during the design and architectural phase
- Identify and explain feature level design or architectural weaknesses which could result in security issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security or similar or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years experience as a software developer and 3-5 years in a security focused development role in an agile development environment
- Experience with Static and Dynamic Code Analysis tools like VeraCode, AppSpider, HP Fortify, HP WebInspect, IBM AppScan, Coverity etc.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.