The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Principal Application Professional is responsible for leading the planning, analysis, detailed design, configuration, integration, testing, implementation and architecture of IAM applications and tools.This role executes and oversees the life cycle methodology, support standards, and practices, in accordance to project plans while carrying out responsibilities that include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual components within an application.
Expected to design, lead in the development and guide architecture of new functionality to SailPoint Identity IQ and other tools and technologies, the IAM Principal Application Professional responds to business problems and leads teams on complex architectures and development related work.This role will address complex issues where analysis of situations or data an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working as an IAM SME to support the IAM management team in planning and organizing the direction of the Identity and Access Management program.
- Working with the development teams to make sure the right processes are in place as it relates to Software Development Lifecycle.
- Working and partnering with the IT Architect teams during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Adhering to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out their responsibilities. This may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual applications.
- Managing and implementing designs as per the requirements, including being a lead in the testing of the solution
- Understanding business functional/non-functional requirements, policy requirements and tool parameters to ensure successful, quality designs and conveying any challenges along with plans to resolve
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interacting with partners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced developers and architects
- Reviewing and/or certifying others configurations/code
Experience and Skills:
- 10 or more years of experience in IAM software development
- 5 or more years of experience leading complex IAM architectures
- Extensive experience with SailPoint Identity IQ or similar Identity and Access Governance solutions
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle processes and standards
- Demonstrated strong written and interpersonal communication
- Seasoned developer with a strong architectural background
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in information security, engineering, mathematics, or related area preferred
- IT Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, SANS, ITIL, etc.) are a plus