San Jose, CA
Industry: Information Technology•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
AE's are expected to be able to articulate design methodologies involving Cadence tools and be 'elevatortalk' proficient in the full Cadence tool portfolio. Development time will be spent gaining expertise in additional, or specialization tools, broadening focus from product emphasis to methodology, sharpening Account Management skills, and learning to leverage success . AE's support Account Managers to exceed quota; they also provide technical support to ensure customer success and satisfaction. AE's are expected to manage customer activities concurrently, and work with Account Managers and AE management to set their priorities. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking.
* Design experience should include ASIC design using industry-standard hardware description languages (Verilog)
* Experience in physical implementation of designs at 28nm and below, on actual tapeouts required. Mixed signal experience a plus.
* Cadence or Synopsys place and route tool knowledge (Physical Synthesis, PnR, CTS, Static Timing Analysis) and experience are required.
* Application Engineer position supporting RTL-to-GDS implementation flows using Innovus Digitial Implementation Platform
* design knowledge and experience to large ASIC, mixed-signal and low-power designs
* Work with Senior AE to support strategic customer evaluations/benchmarks on Cadence's SP&R solutions to establish technology differentiation and assert Cadence competitive advantages. Multiplex several issues and set priorities and exploit new technologies are essential for success in the position
* Experience with low power design implementation and clock tree debugging is preferred.
* Some experience on STA and physical sign off is plus.
* Drive best practices and lessons learnt from evaluations/benchmarks and customer interactions back in to product development and Cadence field engineers. Develop an understanding of the customer's needs and also of the competition's technology and sales strategies
* Support regional customers and support major level customer (50% plus support) in the local region. May need upto 50% traveling.
* Perform methodology assessments, improve existing design methodologies, and develop new ones that leverage Cadence technology and services.
* Assists sales staff in assessing potential application of company product to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
* Create and conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations to customers
* TCL/Perl Scripting will be expected to achieve quick Design Automation solutions for customer