The Cadence IP team develops industry leading IPs that enable our customers in a variety of markets - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. At Cadence we're helping set the standard on IP products that get integrated in SoCs that power the world's Data Centers, Automobiles, Cloud and Wireless Systems.
We're growing our global team and we are looking for smart, energetic, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry in our IP products. At Cadence, we believe in embracing diverse ideas and striving for excellence in all that we do. Do you want to make a difference and be challenged? Join the High Performance Culture at Cadence.
As a Principal Applications Engineer and part of our Controller team, you will use your knowledge of different interface I/O standards to work with current and future customers to help develop their ideas into reality. You will be part of the Technical Field Organization helping educate customers and provide solutions using our IP, especially around our PCIe, Ethernet and USB product portfolio. Our Controller IPs are used from small consumer devices to the cloud and everything in between.
- Expected to become a product expert in I/O interface standards such as PCIe, Ethernet or USB. PCIe Preferred.
- Gain experience in high communication theory, Transmission line theory, Automotive EMI/BCI standards, and ASIL Safety requirements
- Presenting Cadence's IP portfolio, focusing on Controller IP and presenting deep dives on IP architecture and details of the IP(s).
- Lab evaluation on existing silicon to gain expert level in device operation.
- Work with the Business Manager and Field Personnel to secure design wins. Set strategy at key accounts to displace competitors and win all open opportunities.
- Provide quick-turn product specific technical applications engineering support to our customers, field teams, definers and designers
- Provide device specific application engineering support to our customers and FAE's. Educate, answer questions, debug issues, and solve problems for customers relating to new and existing devices and evaluation kits.
- Pre and post-sale customer support
- Write application notes, user guides, articles, design ideas, new product proposals, and evaluation kit manuscripts for internal and/or external publication
- Travel will be required
- BS in EE, CE or related equivalent with 8+ years of work experience or MS in EE, CE or related equivalent with 6+ year of work experience
- Strong knowledge of ASIC flow, RTL design in Verilog/VHDL, and FPGA design
- Working knowledge of PCIe Controller Preferred
- Hands-on experience with designing I/O controllers, PCIe, Ethernet or USB