: Must be located 90 miles from Plano, TX OR Purchase, NY. Role is HYBRID, with target of 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with more than $79 Billion in Net Revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generate more than $1 Billion in annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, located around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals.
We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Winning with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com. Digital Products and Services at PepsiCo
The Digital Evolution is critical to driving PepsiCo's ambitions around being FASTER, STRONGER, and BETTER. The Digital Products & Services team designs, builds, and stands up digital solutions across the value chain, that are embedded into business processes to optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain high ROI. Guided by PEPSICO's global priorities, the Digital Products & Services team create user-centric digital products that can be scaled globally by leveraging the leading technologies, advanced analytics algorithms and latest user research. Sr Application Architect
The Sr Application Architect will play a pivotal role in software development activities and long-term initiative planning and collaboration across the Strategy & Transformation (S&T) organization. Software Engineering is the cornerstone of scalable digital transformation across PepsiCo's value chain. This leader will establish an end-to-end vision of the overall application design andprovide technology leadership to the application architecture in terms of focus, technicaldirection, and breadth of coverage of relevant technologies. Responsibilities
- Deliver Integration architecture for enterprise systems including source systems, data foundation and application layer.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to Engineering services, education, and support
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to navigate through a complex and matrixed internal environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units
- Ability to navigate a complex organization and to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Create the vision and guide a team of engineers to build and support digital products and services (DPS) across S&T products
- Lead multi-discipline, high-performance work teams distributed across remote locations effectively. Build, manage, develop, and mentor a team of engineers.
- Interact with executives across the company to lead the narrative around software engineering
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Develop application architecture strategy in alignment with the Businessgoals
- Manages an application architecture governance process develops,communicates and ensures adherence to architecture processes, principles,policies and standards for the enterprise
- Review business drivers and strategies understands the implications to theapplication architecture and identifies/mitigates risks to solutions.
- Championand communicate the application architecture to the businessleaders and contracting teams, associating the implication of thearchitecture to objectives/drivers/goals.
- Define development guidelines and standards to be utilized in applicationdevelopment and integration.
- Analyzethe current IT ecosystem application architecture to identifyweaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Define transition steps and strategy from the current to the future applicationarchitecture
- Define the conceptual and detailed architecture for the development ofapplications and oversee the evolution of that architecture as the platform isdeployed across the entire organization
- Develop methods to integrate systems that interact and extend acrossorganizational and functional lines
- Develop and maintainIT ecosystem application architecture models, processesand documentation
- Identifyemerging technologies that can enable the overall businessarchitecture
- Contribute to the development of proof of concepts or prototypes
- Partners with associates to build a comprehensive reference architecture, examine existing frameworks and prepare for the future
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant software development and engineering leadership experience
- 7+ years of experience on application architecture for high scale distributed systems
- Web and mobile application experience
- Full stack engineering experience w/React + Java OR React +Python
- Commanding knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Working knowledge of programming languages beyond C#, Java, C or C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience with Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and cloud specific PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput cloud native distributed systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Deep knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in SAP system implementation, customization, configuration, and integration.
- Familiarity with SAP integration performance tuning and optimization techniques
- SAP certifications (e.g., SAP Certified Enterprise Architect) are a plus.
- Proficiency in SAP modules and technologies, including SAP S/4HANA, SAP BI/BW, SAP ECC PI/PO.
- Experience in solution architecture for O9 supply chain planning software
- Experience in Integrated business planning and supply chain technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Ability to run a large team of software engineers
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to be able to interface with the business and recognize their needs and priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with product, service design and operations across the organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement