This is a high level SAP APO (Advanced Planning and Optimization) position. The APO Principal will analyze issues and develop and implement solutions for the Teleflex organization as part of the Global SAP SCM Team. The incumbent in this position is expected to be a primary contributor in issue resolution and proactive solution development and may manage complex projects.
- Design, configure, implement, and test APO and Demand and Production Planning areas of SAP.
- Implement APO, SAP Demand and Production planning processes for Teleflex with in-depth knowledge of the Teleflex Manufacturing and Distribution sites' current paper and legacy system processes with a view to providing on-going business user support.
- Manage the development/configuration and maintenance of application systems by conducting meetings with users to determine their system requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate, and modify existing or proposed systems and related devices.
- Apply technical knowledge to all phases of systems analysis and consider the business implications of the application to the current and future business environment.
- Develop detailed system design documents to support system requirements and comply with Teleflex standards.
- Conduct functional and/or technical reviews and walks-through of IT design documentation with the development and the design team members.
- Act as expert support on business processes in respective areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate, develop, test, and implement the release of system changes according to the Teleflex validation procedures.
- Deliver consistently high quality service and solutions that meet business requirements and ensure goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
- Track, monitor, review, and report project progress where appropriate (e.g. subsets of projects).
- Recognize, analyze, and solve system or applications problems as they are encountered.
- Participate in projects and rollouts of the application (either on full-time or part-time basis).
- Share ideas, information, knowledge, and data proactively to accomplish collaboration for the success of the team, project, or task.
Education / Experience Requirements
- BA/BS in IT required. Demonstrated super-user experience with APO and SAP may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 years APO/SAP configuration and development skills.
- Previous participation in multiple APO and SAP implementations required.
- Experience in a global medical device company and/or other FDA regulated environment preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Experience with APO and SAP Version ECC6.0.
- In-Depth knowledge of APO, PPDS, SNP, DP, BI, SAP Production Planning data requirements and dependencies in addition to knowledge of Characteristics based planning.
- Experience in the APO Modules stated above in addition to SAP Modules Production Planning (PP), Materials Management (MM) and both intercompany and Direct Procurement (PUR). Experience in additional modules preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, MPS, requirements list, and associated master data.
- Knowledge of ABAP and the ability to read/write code is a positive
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to think strategically and to be creative in task completion.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and take actions based on understanding and judgment of all factors involved and based on independent interpretation and application of various disciplines involved
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure and to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities while dealing with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral part of a team.
- Ability to mentor team colleagues to enable multi-functional knowledge transfer.
- Ability to inspire confidence among senior leaders and to provide valued communication guidance and coaching to others.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Experience in managing other professionals is preferred.