- Drive technical architecture for our Android application supporting millions of users
- Mentor and collaborate with members of our mobile and engineering teams to create and implement new features and improve existing functionality
- Bring a test-driven approach to our mobile team
- Become an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for Android (if you are already a BLE expert, even better!)
- Design and update the Tile app unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with the Product Development team to help define the testing strategy and test plans for our product releases
- Solve difficult problems on developing platforms (e.g. BLE on Android)
- Lead design walkthroughs
- BS/MSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of Android development experience, 10+ years as an engineer
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK and frameworks
- One or more Play Store published Android applications under your belt, with 100,000+ users
- Experience mentoring team members and taking the lead making technical decisions
- Expert Android v3/v4 skills, with experience in Java
- Strong intuition for UX and consumer behavior
- Experience working BLE is a big plus, desire to learn is a must
- Experience working with location or connectivity at the core of an application is a big plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do.
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings.
- Shuttle service from SF, Easy Bay, and South Bay.
- Free parking.
- On-site gym access.
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction.