Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester is seeking a Principal Analyst to be part of our B2B marketing executive strategies service, which is designed to help CMOs elevate marketing’s role and their own standing within the organization by forging tighter bonds between marketing and business strategy, improving marketing’s link to company performance, gauging whether marketing structural changes are needed, and boosting marketers’ talent and productivity. This role develops research and advises B2B CMOs and marketing leaders in areas including marketing strategy and annual planning, brand experience, communications, campaign strategy, communication of marketing performance, and optimization of marketing organizational structures to drive productivity and increased performance into their businesses.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned B2B marketing practitioner who has experience in leading marketing teams either at a global/regional or sub-regional level and has experience in building and executing transformative initiatives such as digital transformations, change in business models, or changes in the go-to-market strategies.
Candidates must be a thought leader, advancing our research agenda, driving high-impact client-facing engagements, and acting as an advocate for the marketing executive strategies both within Forrester and with our clients.
- Delivers client-facing engagements (inquiries) to support client needs and drive further engagement, client retention, and growth.
- Develops innovative foundational frameworks and models to illustrate and enable B2B marketing best practices.
- Ensures client-facing content is engaging, actionable, and meets expectations for unparalleled quality.
- Participates, supports, and influences other marketing executive strategies analysts in the research development and innovation efforts.
- Supports the VP, senior research director, and marketing executive services analysts to develop and implement scalable client engagement activities, client retention, and new business development efforts.
- Develops and delivers presentation content for key customer events throughout the year.
- Provides sales enablement support as required, including account strategies and service positioning.
- Participates in consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert as needed.
- Speaks publicly to build brand awareness.
- A strong academic achievement.
- At least 15 years of experience as a B2B marketing leader.
- At least ten years of experience in managing high-performing marketing teams, at global, regional/or subregional level.
- Proven experience in addressing the common issues and challenges that B2B CMOs/marketing leaders and corporate marketing leaders face today in their function and role.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of how complex B2B organizations function and the resulting transformational and change management challenges that B2B marketing leaders face today.
- Proven track record of communicating with and influencing senior leaders within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and peers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about how B2B marketing leaders lead their organizations and drive change.
- A creative view of markets, technologies, and the social and cultural dynamics that are influencing the future of B2B marketing.
- Superb writing skills, with a knack for taking complex theoretical ideas and making them lucid and actionable.
- Familiarity with and confidence around data and the way research and data drive decision-making.
- Confidence in operating in a networked organization and working within a matrixed, team structure.
- Strong execution skills and evidence of a consistent follow-through on commitments.
- The ability to travel 25% of the time or more.