We are seeking a Principal Analyst, Internet of Things, to be a senior member of Ovum’s small but growing IoT team. The IoT is an area of significant interest for Ovum’s clients, and we are looking to grow our team with a strong Principal Analyst who can help us to meet (and drive) this demand, take ownership of several areas of IoT research coverage, and represent Ovum effectively with clients and at industry events. This is an ideal role for an ambitious, commercially-focused individual with proven expertise in delivering excellent industry research and analysis, and existing IoT market knowledge.
In this role you will:
- be a thought leader in IoT who acts as a resource for both clients and colleagues seeking business support and in-depth market knowledge in your specialist areas
- write exceptionally well, producing analysis of the highest quality with a strong commercial viewpoint and an eye to future market and technology developments
- conduct and manage market research and analysis including in-depth interviews with senior industry figures
- work to develop and leverage Ovum’s key data sets relating to the IoT, and contribute to the development and delivery of new forecasts covering various aspects of the IoT market
- provide timely and relevant responses to requests from existing IoT subscription clients through Ovum’s analyst support enquiry process
- contribute to the future direction of the practice, help evolve our research deliverables, and grow our relations with existing and new clients
- manage, execute and deliver custom consulting projects
- project manage other analysts and provide content guidance as required, both within the IoT team and across the wider Ovum team
- present comfortably and compellingly in front of a range of audiences—from senior executives to sales people
- confidently support our account managers and consulting team in meetings and other business development activities, by leveraging your subject matter expertise and client relationships
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Intellectual excellence: Successful candidates will have a strong track record of academic and commercial achievement. At a minimum, you will be educated to bachelor’s degree level and ideally will have completed post-graduate studies. Effective expression in both presentations and written form is essential. Candidates will be expected to undertake both qualitative and quantitative testing as part of the application process.
- Exceptional drive: Candidates must be passionate about our industry and must be driven to develop research that addresses the key commercial questions facing Ovum’s customer base.
- Practical experience: Candidates must have a minimum of ten years relevant work experience. Previous work experience must have provided you with deep knowledge of the telecoms or ICT industries and with specific expertise in at least one area of the IoT.
- Client commitment: Ovum is built on strong interactions with all our clients. Candidates must show both a desire and the ability to understand and meet clients’ needs rapidly, laying the foundations for long-term relationships that set us apart from our competitors.
- Commercial focus: We are looking for self-starter candidates who are comfortable taking an entrepreneurial approach to ensure both our clients’ and our own success.
- Team player: The IoT team is small, and it’s critical for all members of the team to contribute across a variety of different tasks and opportunities. Team player mentality is a key characteristic we’re looking for, for this role. We are committed to the success of the IoT team and product, and you should be too.
Degree level: Bachelors required, post-graduate degree preferred.