Principal Analyst, Business Systems
Who You Are
We’re looking for a seasoned business intelligence professional to drive thought leadership and innovation strategy supporting T-Mobile’s marketing organization. As a Principal Analyst, the right candidate will provide a senior leadership role for digital data and reporting strategy supporting T-Mobile’s Marketing & Experience business as part of the Reporting and Information Solutions organization.
You possess a unique blend of business savvy, technical acumen, familiarity with agile development frameworks, a keen sense of data structure and how big data and analytics is transforming the digital sales and marketing revolution. You’re passionate about building relationships with your business stakeholders, distilling their business questions into actionable requirements and working cross-functionally to deliver scalable data and reporting solutions.
You have the natural ability to problem solve, prioritize against multiple demands and deliver results in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable collaborating across IT, development and dynamic business functions to deliver impactful and innovative business intelligence solutions.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Develop a keen understanding of T-Mobile’s digital marketing strategy and provide thought leadership on how data delivery can accelerate business insights enabling marketing stakeholders to steer and optimize their business execution.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their core business priorities, distill these into detailed data and reporting requirements and drive solution from conception to delivery.
- Serve as a digital marketing data expert across business groups, development and IT teams to provide direction on data sourcing, dataset structure and reporting views that meet documented requirements.
- Manage customer intake process and collaborate with team peers, program management, development and production to drive delivery of data solutions through structured sprint iterations.
- Deliver guidance and documentation to business stakeholders on metric definitions, business rules, query logic and sources for datasets being delivered.
- Provide direction to report production teams on technology approaches and reporting outputs including dashboards, self-service portals and data visualization.
- Collaborate with development and architecture teams to deliver big data, cloud-based business intelligence solutions that drive scale and efficiency across the enterprise.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Bachelor in Business or a quantitative discipline. MBA preferred
- Enterprise engagement experience with analytics products, data collection methodologies, data modeling and omni-channel data integration
- Proven success delivering technology solutions from concept through execution and maintenance across a matrixed, complex environment
- Expert working knowledge of analytics tools and data visualization products including Excel, Power BI, Tableau, R, Adobe Analytics and similar technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency working with big data environments and exploration tools including Hadoop, AWS, Azure, SQL (HIVE), Pentaho, Python, R, command line tools
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Business Analyst, Reporting Analyst or Testing Analyst role
- 5-7 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, and/or Business Objects querying and reporting
- A genuine passion for data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Accomplished collaborator with a true bias for action