Job ID 560654BR
The Parks and Resorts segment is increasingly faced with demands to delivery better products quicker to market, in an already complex operating environment. These demands require us to look at innovative ways of operating in order to overcome these challenges. The PrincipleAgile Coach, within Walt Disney Attractions Technology, isresponsible for driving the organizationalagile transformation for the Walt Disney Attractions Technology group. This role requires a high level of self-motivation coupled with the ability to drive and motivate teams to pragmatically use good practices and techniques that deliver results. The Coach willpartner withteams and individuals across the organization and will need to have a passion for their work that drives results to the Walt Disney Attractions Technology organization.
- Lead strategic organizational agile transformation, define transformation roadmaps in a matrixed technology organization partnering with leadership and teams throughout the organization.
- Partner with key teams to drive organizational agility using agile lifecycle management tools such as VersionOne
- Communicate with and influence executive leadership in transformational activities
- Anticipate risks and issues, address all challenges, mitigate risks and issues and escalate to appropriate parties where required
- Construct detailed tool implementation plans and tool development and process improvement roadmaps
- Partner and proactively communicate across multiple groups to facilitate transparency and gain buy in.
- Play an active role in building the team through mentoring of coaches and project managers.
- Perform agile coaching and scrummasterresponsibilities for teams, with a focus on coaching
- Define, publish and educate the organization on key metrics that show the progress of the transformational effort, and its benefit to the organization
- Work with product ownership to define and coach effective product owners
- Work with cross discipline delivery teams, product owners, designers and architects to validate project assumptions, dependencies and create product plans and roadmaps
- Hands on leadership guiding teams and their leaders to think Lean and be Agile
- Foster a team environment of self-organization, retrospect to learn and adapt with the goal of delivering the highest value to our guests and Cast
- Participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current on agile practices and technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Collaboratively facilitates sessions with teams to drive shared ownership and common language
- Will work to blend styles and good practices to ensure delivery of high value, high quality products
- Shows good technical practices to the team to ensure that quality is built into the process early
- Works with business partners including financial and legal teams to help create, define and adjust contracts to continue to place focus on collaboration
- Minimum of 8+ years of Agile coaching experience in a cross-functional technical software delivery capacity delivery using tools such as VersionOne, Jira, etc. to facilitate delivery and status reporting.
- Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience working in a technology organization.
- Direct Experience Coaching Scrum, Kanban, and Lean Concepts
- Direct Experience Coaching Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe, LeSS)
- Proven experience in organizational agile transformation at a large scale enterprise
- Proven knowledge and experienced in the technology field and technology project delivery.
- Effective and efficient trainer that inspires students with a proven ability to teach new concepts to challenging audiences.
- Direct experience coaching and influencing when teams are not co-located
- Proven facilitator that can lead sessions and workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple software development lifecycle methodologies (focused on Agile, Lean).
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
- Ability to inspire, motivate and train teams and individuals to use new processes and adapt accordingly
- Demonstrated inclusive mindset that embraces diversity
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- First-hand experience with practices: ACP, CSM, CPO, SAFe, LeSS, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall
- Proficiency with Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools
- Experience in supporting traveltrade, hospitality, and/or large scale businesses and logistics systems.
- Multiple Agile Certifications i.e. CSM; ACP; CPO; SAFe; LeSS
- Minimum college/undergraduatedegree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) and/or equivalent experience.