Purpose & Scope
- Working with product management and marketing, develop and maintain a highly structured electronic pricing tool that considers the value of our Aerospace bearing products based on the following:
- The value created through manufacturing and the production and supply chain complexities inherent in the design.
- Price differentiation opportunities based on product utility or performance characteristics along with the degree of uniqueness in specific product attributes
- Price differentiation opportunities based on market segment and customer specific understanding of “Porter’s 5-Forces.
- Understand the cost impact of volume and determine how/if to scale pricing accordingly.
- Work with marketing to organize competitive price information and load data into our pricing system
- Develop a data base tool to analyze all present pricing against the criteria developed for #1 above
- Determine price variation across common product families.
- Determine what should be the “norm” or mean price point for each part sold.
- Analyze relationship between present pricing logic and profitability and recommend corrections
- Execute customer request for quotes using the tools described above.
- Responsible for creating price proposals (preparing price, reviewing cost, and understanding margin implications)
- Work within our global price execution infrastructure and drive improvements in price development lead time
- Support pricing analyst responsible for execution of DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) quotation opportunities
- Driving master price data consistency
- Develop electronic pricing tool
- Develop core pricing logic based on key manufacturing and supply chain inputs, value creation via the utility of the design, and competitive environment.
- Develop a data base of all present prices and how these prices fit against our core pricing logic
- Execute on-going price requests
- Coordinate large bid packages
- Pricing / cost triage – rapid turn around
- Track win/loss quotation data and use for feedback to improve pricing process and electronic pricing tool
- Maintain price master data
- Follow global price determination business processes
- Support current pricing tool (GPT)
- Work with BPO to develop PROS software capabilities for Aero
- Coordinate TINA order quoting process
- Provide pricing input to other Pricing regions when expertise is required
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred with a minimum of 7 years work experience in pricing, industrial engineering or estimating in the Aerospace industry. Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Data Analytics preferred with 5 years work experience.
- Ability to read product drawings
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical acumen and ability to understand bearing design characteristics, manufacturing processes and supply chain capabilities and interpret impact on value or price, organize and manage complex sets of data
- Significant experience and skills in use of databases and mathematical modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SharePoint
- Effective communication both verbal and written
- Cost accounting/financeexperiencepreferred