WSP is currently seeking a Principal Advisor to expand our InfrastructureAsset Management group in our North Vancouver office. Reporting to the Vice President – Asset Management & Infrastructure Planning, the successful candidate will be involved with providing leading edge Asset Management consulting services to existing and new clients. Provide high level of technical support to the strategic delivery of the wider team's activities; technically leading WSP into the delivery of new Asset Management services in both existing and emerging WSP markets.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can bring creative solutions to important projects as part of a friendly and vibrant team, work in an office with the most beautiful views of the Burrard Inlet and North Shore Mountains and not have to fight the crazy downtown traffic each morning as you trek into the office? Then we want to hear from you! Our WSP work culture offers work-life balance, a work hard-have fun motto, and an environment where employees are considered members of our family. Throughout the year we host multiple events for our employees and their families, from outdoor recreation activities like snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking and cycling. Let us help you take your work experience placement to a new level with professional challenges and opportunity for growth in a wonderful atmosphere.
- Identify and respond to commercial opportunities, including proposal preparation;
- Assist the local and regional WSP management group in developing effective AM growth strategies;
- Build effective networks and working relationships with key stakeholders and especially clients, current and future;
- Promote effective teamwork, encouraging collaborative work across WSP’s business boundaries, actively empowering team members, fostering self-accountability / ownership and a high performance culture;
- Undertake the management of projects including planning and organizing tasks, coordination and control of activities to achieve technical quality, budget, program and client satisfaction, and project financial control and profitability, invoicing and reporting;
- Ensure that project direction, project management and technical roles are assigned to appropriately skilled and qualified individuals, that they have the resources to deliver and that there is absolute clarity of accountability at individual level on all projects;
- Ensure that all work undertaken is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and practices together with effective quality assurance;
- Liaise with other areas of the business to provide a total service to clients;
- Ensure that project activities are consistently aligned to contracted scope and that prior to any scope change, budget is reached and documented with the client;
- Undertake Asset Management project reviews;
- Procure and deliver specialist Asset Management consultancy services to a variety of clients;
- Preparation of briefs for projects including preliminary programming and estimates;
- Ensure currency of Asset Management best practices and its application into different environments;
- Guide and advise on specific key Asset Management opportunities;
- Provide key inputs at the bidding stage of major projects;
- The H&S Policy, H&S Manual, and Local Office Procedures Manual is read, understood, and agreed to with relevant procedures applied to work activities;
- Ensure that any hazards arising from or associated with projects or activities undertaken are identified, reported and managed including self-management where appropriate;
- Maintain a sustainable and positive work environment with the project team;
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary qualifications in Engineering or Applied Science from an accredited institution;
- Professional Engineer designation with 15years’ professional experience with a background in infrastructureasset management;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
- Strategic asset managementexperience advising government or private organisations;
- Proven leadership skills including inspiring others and pursuing ambitious and challenging goals;
- Market awareness including identifying opportunities and risks and ensuring sound commercial decisions which maximize market share;
- Ability to think innovatively, conceptually analyse complex situations, and develop commercially viable business strategic and proposals;
- Highly developed commercial and business acumen and entrepreneurship, with the ability to conduct financial analyses and gather market intelligence;
- A successful track record in infrastructureasset management, and business development;
- Strong relationship development and influencing competencies;
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation; is a great team member;
- Strong organizational ability to optimize and prioritize conflicting demands in a busy environment, to meet deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion;
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including high standard oral and written communications; particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences;
- Results oriented, with a reputation for, and demonstrated achievement of key strategic priorities;
- Excellent self-management skills, including working effectively without direct supervision, managing and organizing fluctuating workloads in sometimes stressful situations; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).