Principal Systems Engineer, VOD/AdsABOUT THE JOB
This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video delivery ecosystem. This position will set the direction and guide a team of network and systems engineer in the design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery, including management of an array of video content deployed on a wide range of consumer devices.STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Development, integration and testing of complex Ad delivery and insertion systems, using technologies such as VAST, SCTE-130, SCTE-35 and other ad related standards.
- Development and integration of CMS (Content Management Systems) technologies and Ads Inventory systems for Ads acquisition, encoding, inventory, warehousing, inventory and delivery of both Ad creatives and content.
- Development and engineering of ad decisioning and routing systems, such as Google DoubleClick, Freewheel, etc.
- Work closely with Advertisement Business Strategy group to implement technical solutions to meet and exceed the business requirements.
- Driving and innovating on industry standard for ad insertion and delivery technology.
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; work with vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software; building and documenting standardized installation procedures.
- Development, integration and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing CDN, server and network technologies.
- Work with the Product engineering and integration test teams to develop an in-depth understanding of our video product.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product development and engineering teams to innovate and also identify/resolve issues.
- Develop product instrumentation and test automation
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience development and support of production systems and experience working within a 24x7 operations environment supporting Linux, UNIX and Windows systems.
- Experience configuring virtualized environments and managing virtual servers (e.g., resource allocation, configuration management) including cloud hosted systems.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Ads metadata, such as CableLabs ADI 1.1 and ADI 3.0.
- Experience working with XML and web service tools including SOAP and REST
- Knowledge and application of coding and scriptingrequired (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc)
- 4 to 7 years experience of Ads ingest, processing and delivery workflows.
- Must have experiencetroubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems and error reporting systems to determine and resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment and to demonstrate good logical problem assessment and solving skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Internet service operations and digital cable operations preferred.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree with a concentration in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.
- 7+ years of industry related engineering experience.