The purpose of this position is to support Sempra Renewables and Sempra LNG & Midstream Financial Reporting and Accounting Research by overseeing the stand-alone financial statement processes, including footnote disclosures for presentation in the audited financial statements. This position also facilitates the implementation of new accounting standards and performs formal and ad-hoc accounting research and associated written documentation.
This position performs the following tasks, among others, with a high level of independence:
• Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements and associated footnote disclosures of joint ventures, tax equity partnerships, and lenders.
• Monitors, interprets and analyzes rulemaking activity in the US GAAP accounting as it relates to the Company, overseeing the implementation of all new accounting standards.
• Manages the workflow associated with technical accounting; specifically, identification of potential issues, accounting research, internal and external discussions, documentation and finalization of related accounting positions and conclusions to ensure financial integrity and accurate reporting of financial results.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statement variance analysis for quarterly and annual financial statements by extracting data from Microsoft AX/Hyperion on ad-hoc basis for analysis and evaluation
• Assists in the preparation and review of SEC financial reports (10Q and 10K), including overseeing technical areas of the reports as it relates to the Company and providing GAAP and SEC support to the financial reporting and accounting teams.
• Work directly with manager/supervisor to ensure we are meeting project milestones
• Typically requires BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
• CPA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees are preferred
• Requires at least 5 years of experience in public and/or professional accounting
• Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Hyperion Financial Management and Microsoft AX is valuable in this position
• Experience with multi-company consolidations and prior SEC reporting preferred
• Must have professional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to effectively interact in a team environment.