Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Project Manager is accountable for working closely with the business and technology to ensure the success of all projects under their supervision. Project managers work with the business to build the business case and then plans, executes, and delivers all projects on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities.
Responsibilites including, but not limited to:
- Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet project and/or program deliverables.
- Manage technical issues, risks and priorities. Perform risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create project schedules to identify when each task will be done and by whom. Manage project schedules and lead enforcement of project deadlines in response to the client requirements.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Proactively identifying resource constraints and working with personnel managers on creative solutions. Manage the unexpected gracefully and effectively.
- Lead weekly project meetings with technology team providing transparency to task status and identifying issues.
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project or program teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze needs and requirements.
- Implementation of projects using the SDLC methodology.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Serve as the conduit and act as liaison between the customers (internal and external) and technical teams.
- BS in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in managing projects using agile methodology and oversight of external vendors; Eight (8) years of project management and/or program management experience and the ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers at all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; Experience building and managing a project schedule in Microsoft Project or similar project management tool utilizing data-based decision-making (GANTT charts, etc.); Ability to lead large scale projects, including development of plans for scope, timeline, budget, issue management, and managing change.
- Experience conducting and leading team meetings to manage the schedule, identify risks and review project deliverables; Proven record of managing project and/or program financials.
- Customer focus attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex and varied interpersonal relationships to successfully complete projects.
- Excellent ability to organize time and information to successfully complete projects.
- Ability to lead and model behaviors for other team members.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile project management.
- PMP, Scrum or SAFE Agile framework certification is a plus.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.