About the group:
Production Enhancement encompasses all of Halliburton’s Hydraulic Fracturing and Wellbore Stimulation efforts. Halliburton pioneered hydraulic fracturing technology and revolutionized the oil and gas industry when we executed the first hydraulic fracturing procedure in 1947. Since then, we have remained the industry leader in providing fracturing and stimulation services all over the world. The Applied Sciences R&D team is where it all starts. From technology and process improvement to new product development, this team is the heart of Halliburton’s largest Product Service Line and the very foundation of Halliburton’s position as the industry leader and principal innovator in well stimulation products and services.
- Under broad direction, demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes.
- Modeling engineer will support PE AS products developed to increase well productivity.
- Main responsibilities will include physical modeling, developing machine learning algorithms, and DOE analytics.
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree with 5 years of direct experience
- Experience creating physical models using verity of numerical methods
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: FEM, XFEM, DDM, DEM
- Experience developing modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of advanced programming languages C++, C#
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to all levels of senior management.
- PhD in Mechanical, Civil, Petroleum, Process engineering or M.S. with 5+ years of relative experience
- May apply advanced fluid mechanics theory and develop designs and models for the rheological characterization of fluids, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
- May perform numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development on complex projects utilizing existing commercial software and may develop new modeling software. Be able to model fluid and/or solid dynamics processes; find best solutions for complex processes like multiphase flow, fluid and solid coupling using variety of numerical methods. (FEM, XFEM, DDM, DEM or using software packages COMSOL, FLAC, ABACUS, etc.)
- May lead the development and testing of software products by providing engineering functions and may provide field support for existing software products.
- Coding ability: C++, C#, R and Mat Lab.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms.
- Familiar with reservoir and fracturing simulation (Nexus, Petrel, Gohfer, Fracpro).
- Able to give advices on lab experiment design and provide DOE training to the discipline (JMP).
- Optimize chemical usage during HF operations applying statistical and engineering methods (SimSci PES).
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Technical Professional Engineer Petrophysical Apps Principal, Technical Advising Engineer Petrophysical Apps or Technical Advising Engineer Petrophysical Apps, Sr