Under the direction of the Centra Medical Group President, the Medical Director is the lead clinician and oversees the direction of patient care for the Primary Care Service Line. This position provides leadership, vision and direction to medical service lines as well as serves as a part time clinician to provide direct patient care services. The Medical Director shares in the administrative functions that directly impact medical services and collaborates with the operations management team in overall strategic planning and finance.
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in a primary care specialty from an American Medical Association (AMA)-approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty.
- At least two years of experience in a progressively responsible administrator or leadership-related position within healthcare.
- Two to Three years of experience with governance and management in an established medical group.
- Two to Three years of experience with an integrated electronic medical record and its benefits for primary care.
- Two to Three years of experience with a patient centered medical home or similar care delivery model
- Advanced degree as a masters of medical management, business administration or other similar degree preferred.
Position Specific Requirements
For Primary Care Service Line Medical Director: Board Certified general or sub specialty area of primary care such as Family Medicine and Internal Medicine.
Innovation and leadership to coordinate and consolidate the Centra Medical Group primary care efforts to a single and efficient mechanism.