Not Specified years
Posted 85 days ago
Kingston’s senior focused care center is seeking a board certified/board eligible primary care physician to join our newly branded office. The staff at Geisinger Senior Focused Center Kingston is committed to providing the best care for every patient and as experts in primary care, meeting patients' needs is our top priority. Senior focused centers are dedicated to providing “one place” for patients 65+ for all health and well-being needs. Providers and Staff will work together and coordinate the patients care based on their needs. This will include wellness coordination, center activities and specialized care all under one roof. Senior Focused Center Kingston aims to improve the quality of life of our patients through accessible, comprehensive, and quality healthcare, provided in a warm and compassionate setting. Our physicians, nurses, and staff are committed to providing seniors with the quality medical care they deserve, so they can live better!
Key Elements to this approach include:
· Routine medical and supporting healthcare services are provided in one place and coordinated by a primary care physician
· Medical specialists work as a team in the care of the patient in the prevention and management of diseases — the Care team
· The Care team works with the patient as a partner throughout the healthcare process
· We educate and guide our patients to make better health choices
· We anticipate needs, and have resources available to assist our patients
· We simplify how patients access health care services to meet their needs
· We offer a personalized patient approach
· Home Visits, when necessary, to ensure the patients’ medical needs are coordinated.
· After a hospitalization, coordination of care facilitated by our care team to support the post-discharge care and when the patient is discharged from the hospital, the care team will arrange an in-home visit and all necessary follow-up appointments to coordinate the continuation of care.
We want to provide our patients more than health care but a quality of life. In effort to do so we will be providing on site wellness activities:
· Exercise classes, various types of yoga, educational seminars on a variety of medical topics, such as diabetes, hypertension, and depression, slip and fall prevention classes, arts and crafts, monthly birthday celebrations, community events, games, healthy cooking, just to name a few activities.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives with:
- More frequentappointments for our elderly patient population.
- Smaller patient panels to better manage our patient’s needs.
- Daily huddles with all care team members to review essential information about schedules, patients, resource needs and coordination of care.
- Pharmacists to assist with patient education and medication management
- Care managers, health managers, clinic health associates and coding educators are available to patients and providers.
- Increased access to care by means of eVisits, patient portals, Geisinger’s Careworks urgent care clinics and even text messaging.
(Job Id 51717)