Primary Care Physician
Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
Geisinger Community Medicine consists of 43 community practice sites throughout central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania. These multispecialty locations provide primary and specialty care. In conjunction with Geisinger Health Plan, the Medical Groups staff offers their own unique version of medical home.
Geisinger Mifflintown is seeking a board certified/board eligible primary care physician to join our outpatient primary care clinic. The staff at Geisinger Mifflintown is committed to providing the best care for every patient and as experts in primary care, meeting patients' needs is our top priority.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives with:
- 40 minutes appointments for our elderly patient population.
- Daily huddles with all care team members to review essential information about schedules, patients, resource needs and coordination of care.
- Pharmacists to assist with patient education and medication management
- Care managers, health managers clinic health associates and coding educators are available to patients and providers.
- Increased access to care by means of eVisits, patient portals, Geisinger’s Careworks urgent care clinics and even text messaging.
With Geisinger, you can take advantage of:
- Competitive compensation package
- Exceptional work life balance, favorable call schedules
- Support from a full range of dedicated specialists and subspecialists
- Health system backing that assists physicians with routine tasks and mandated regulations, allowing you to focus on patients
- Ongoing enhancements to our fully-integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) – Epic
- Advanced, national recognized, patient-centered medical home model
- Medical school loan repayment (up to $150,000)
- $1,000 monthly stipend available to current residents/fellows upon signature of an offer letter
- $10,000 annual geography stipend guaranteed for the first two years of employment.