Lemonaid Health is an online doctor's office based in San Francisco, California. Our mission is to provide Americans with increased access to affordable and convenient healthcare online - no matter where they are in the country! We think healthcare is moving online and this shift has only just begun. We’re looking to recruit full time primary care physicians in the greater San Francisco/Sacramento Bay Area to join our amazing team!
We’re a small but impactful team of about 90 people. We’re backed by large pharmaceutical investors and other amazing investors who’ve invested in businesses like Salesforce, Pinterest, Vine and Refinery29.
Take a look at the reviews on our website to see what patients say about us. we’re proud to say that we’re the highest rated online direct-to-consumer healthcare app on the Apple app store!
Your role at Lemonaid
- You’ll spend the vast majority of your time in direct patient focused care on structured live video visits, phone calls and secure messaging.
- You’ll join our team of full-time doctors and nurse practitioners to provide the best care possible for our patients across the country.
- Act as a collaborating physician to our nurse practitioners and regularly complete physician oversight (i.e. chart reviews)
- You’ll work closely with our patient support staff, and the wider Lemonaid team (such as pharmacy, engineering and many more!) on a daily basis. We expect everyone to be a team player as we strive to create a comfortable, non-hierarchical environment for the entire team
- We aim to WOW patients with customer service that’s new to healthcare. It’s all about our patients and our patient-first culture.
- You're based in the San Francisco to Sacramento, CA corridor.
- Must be board-certified and in good standing. Primary care specialty required (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine).
- Active CA medical license. Multiple state licenses a plus (especially NY, TX, or FL). Must be eligible for licensure in all 50 states. We’ll help you get licensed in the states where you’ll be practicing.
- You earned your medical doctorate from a U.S. accredited medical school (this will help us help you get licensed in other states quickly!)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has lots of experience in primary care! Telemedicine experience or experience in mental health (depression/anxiety) is a plus.
- Is excited to help us learn how to grow our medical team and try new processes as we continue to improve our workflows for maximum WOW.
- Understands the importance of following protocols to ensure reliable and evidence based care is delivered every patient and every time.
- You think online care is an innovative way to care for patients, and you love talking to patients. Curious, flexible, disciplined, and open-minded as building the future requires these important traits.
- Happy to work hard – including occasional evenings and weekends – because you believe in our mission.
- Possesses great spoken and written communication skills and high emotional intelligence. Have a great bedside manner. You’re using technology and team based care to enhance the patient relationship. We want to create a WOW experience so they keep coming back!
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is highly adaptable to change. Change happens frequently at Lemonaid so we're looking for someone who's willing to roll with the punches!
- Is comfortable with technology and has great computer skills. Prior experience with Slack and DoseSpot are a plus! Since the care we provide is online, being able to communicate with patients with secure messaging is important.
- Loves interacting with patients, NPs, doctors and pharmacists; you’re happy to work hard. Whether it's weekends or evenings, you're happy to step in to help because you believe in our mission.
- Someone who lives our guiding principles:
- Aim for “wow” in everything we do, celebrate WOW
- Be driven by our mission to increase access to healthcare
- Lead in innovation - act first
- Communicate clearly using the correct communication medium
- Set a high bar for ourselves and each other - provide and take feedback
- Be proactive - never say “that’s just how we always do it”
- Champion equality - proactively be anti-discriminatory