The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking full-time Internal Medicine Physician or Family Medicine Physician to join its pioneering, interdisciplinary Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery!
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S., with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (22nd ranked medical school). Traditions are important, but at Mount Sinai, we are looking for people to join our team who want to make healthcare better by improving the value of care for patients, and communities.
We are looking for a physician who:
• Has a “do whatever it takes” attitude
• Thrives in fast-paced work environments
• Seeks join and build a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
Role Summary :
Mount Sinai seeks a Primary Care Physician to provide primary and preventive care within our interdisciplinary Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery. In addition to providing excellent, convenient and innovative care, the physician will collaborate on health care delivery to create an exceptional patient experience. The focus will be on providing the best patient care and experience possible.
We are looking for an outstanding primary care clinician (internal medicine or family medicine) eager to learn and model health care for trans and gender non-binary individuals in an outpatient setting who has or can obtain a New York State License. Candidates with experience working in trans care environments are especially encouraged to apply.
The physician will work at the CTMS site at 275 7th Avenue in Chelsea. The area is a popular location for recreation and fashion with famous establishments like Chelsea Market and the Fashion Institute of Technology. While working in conjunction with other providers, as well as administrative staff members, the ideal candidates will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and patient satisfaction. As well, the role will require significant interdisciplinary activity including providing physician leadership to our transgender surgery readiness task force and interacting frequently with the surgery, mental health, social work and inpatient care members of the CTMS team. In addition, we would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for primary care and be fully committed to mission of Mount Sinai Health System. The physician should be amenable to some evenings and weekends.
The chosen candidates will have the opportunity to partner with world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. CTMS embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrative approach to patient care, research, and education. We pursue all dimensions of these three components, considering them inseparable elements of the art and science of medicine.
- University affiliated; community based practice
- Collaborate with multi-specialty practice colleagues as an integral part of a world-class health system
- Benefit from the educational, research, and clinical programs of a nationally ranked Medical School
- Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
- Some evenings and weekends
- Primarily outpatient and primarily adult patients although some work with older adolescents may be required
- Minimal on call responsibilities
- Fully integrated Electronic Health Record
- Additional support staff
Delivers Primary Care
- Delivers primary care within the practice
- Assists patients to understand diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and ensures bi-directional communication with specialist to promote continuity of care.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to promote team-based care.
- Participates in case conferencing for each patient should the individual wish to explore surgical options within CTMS.
- Provides concierge-level service and navigation
- Carries out other appropriate professional duties as may be necessary, including liaison with outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, etc. to ensure continuity of care, timely, appropriate care, and an excellent patient experience.
- Becomes knowledgeable on our clients’ employer-sponsored benefits in order to be able to answer questions around medical benefits, claims, care coordination and other complexities of the healthcare system. This will include explaining complicated medical and benefits terms in plain language in collaboration with the CTMS eligibility specialist.
- Partners with the health center staff to provide timely navigation for patients to Mount Sinai health services.
- Develops and administers trans-specific educational offerings for patients, other providers, or both
- Participates in development of trans-specific offerings, including internal and external educational events, etc.
- Supports clinical operation and improvement activities
- Assists the management team with developing, implementing, and managing clinical operations, policies and procedures.
- Actively engages in and leads practice innovation and improvement initiatives.
- Monitors the clinical needs and workflows of the practice and joins in making sure that systems and programs are in place to provide exceptional, safe, and compliant care.
- Engages in review of data with staff members of the practice and members of the Mount Sinai Commercialization Team.
- Supports communication and marketing efforts:
- Participates in communicating and educating new patients as well as others such as other providers and third-party vendors.
- Attends in-person and telephonic conference meetings with members of the Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery management team.
- Provides continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the patients, patient care staff, management.
Education and Experience:
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System