This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and development of a team of Pricing Coordinators and Analysts across multiple geographic locations. This role works closely with the segment leadership in prioritizing customer deliverables and projects and provides recommendations and analytical insights. The Supervisor will also partner and communicate with other functional groups across the organization. This role is responsible for leading the Pricing Coordinators and Analysts through the annual year-end customer pricing renewal process.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Provides proactive leadership, coaching, performance management and ongoing development to team members.
- Monitors mailbox queue and day-to-day tasks and projects to ensure resources are aligned and available to meet customer requirements.
- Works with Pricing Leadership to manage workload, ensuring work requests are handled by the appropriate team.
- Responsible for effective collaboration with the North America Pricing Shared Services team.
- Stays up-to-date with Avantor system functionality, best pricing practices and policies and standardizes across Analyst group accordingly.
- Key enabler to develop customer pricing and profitability. Implements and trains the analyst team on all new or improved price monitoring platforms.
- Customer pricing responsibility for a subset of customers, which includes daily maintenance and yearly repricing exercises.
- Responsible for day to day compliance with contractual pricing commitments.
- Works closely with Region Directors and Sales Reps in managing pricing and freight terms for all non-contractual customers.
- Develops and monitors team standards and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 6 years related experience with at least 1 year of leadership responsibility
- Background in distribution helpful
- Customer facing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Strong leadership traits; able to positively influence others
- Ability to handle stress in our changing business environment, make difficult decisions, and execute to meet commitments
- Working knowledge of Avantor industry product mixture and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Access)
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Strong communication skills; written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Thorough understanding of pricing and margin impact
- Basic understanding of VWR pricing methods