ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
As Pricing Specialist, you will contribute to identification and execution of price strategy and demand generation opportunities in order to maximize revenue, profit and share of market for the relevant business, ensuring ABB customer satisfaction.
Create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve, market competitiveness, profitability for the Company and customer satisfaction. Maintain and improve the balance between ABB and customers that are present in the product lines of responsibility.
You’ll collaborate with the several internal functional organizations with a goal of profitable growth for existing business and securing new business at competitive levels
- Working closely with the MV Product Management team learn each product line’s pricing strategy and apply that knowledge to make business pricing decisions
- Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy
- Pricing data Resolves, manages, monitors and addresses pricing data issues. Prepares, updates and maintains Business Intelligence pricing dashboards
- Responsible for collecting all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements
- Analyze pricing decisions to assure that products are priced appropriately and advise on the competitive impact of pricing decisions
- Function as the pricing authority for assigned sales territories and product lines and implement effectively the pricing for assigned product lines
- Adhere to and enforce the systematic and procedural ABB Medium Voltage Products price controls
- Analyze quote realization and won/lost reports and take appropriate action
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or Finance/Accounting is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in pricing and quotation management in the electrical industry
- Proven cross-functional project management capabilities required with ability to concurrently manage multiple projects of different size and magnitude
- Must possess strong analytical skills to compare sales trends and determine market data and conduct win/lose analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critically important, as pricing analysts work with team members at all levels, customers, office staff and executive team members
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, consensus building skills, and is viewed internally as a strong advocate for inter-functional collaboration and communication
- Consistently commits to assigned deliverables, follows through effectively and achieves positive outcomes by gaining customer wins
- Basic accounting background and knowledge is required, with an understanding of income statements
- Advanced PC skills required, with strong proficiency in Microsoft Executive Suite, knowledge of Salesforce.com, SAP, Empower and Sharepoint are a plus
- Previous experience preferred with pricing analytics software (i.e., Zilliant, Tableau, PROS, Vendavo)
- Direct experience supporting the Energy and Utilities markets, a plus
- Occasional travel (~10%) is required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States