Develop new methodologies and analysis using mathematics, scientific methods, and computer programming to increase Spirit’s revenues through better processes, methodologies, or decision support. Present complex data and analysis in user-friendly manner.
- Mine, validate, and manipulate data to create reports that enhance PRM analysts’ insights into market behavior.
- Develop revenue management and pricing methods using existing or new research to increase revenue or measure pricing and revenue management performance.
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models to forecast or price in competitive environment.
- Conduct / create high-level analysis and reports for upper management for a variety of different problems or challenges in the organization.
- Create programs to improve pricing and revenue management efficiency through better use of systems using computer programming.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, operations research, or computer science.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to program in commonly-used programming languages such as SAS, R, and SQL.
- Experience in transportation modeling, forecasting or operations research and Airline pricing or revenue management experiencepreferred.
- Exceptional mathematical reasoning – must be able to determine correct mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem that relates to revenue management or pricing
- Complex problem solving and critical thinking – identify opportunities to improve revenue through improved models, parameter changes, or new methodologies
- Strong understanding of revenue management and airline pricing strategies
- Can design effective processes, procedures and practices that eliminate complexity and streamline execution; is committed to continuous improvement and willing to redesign processes from scratch if necessary.
- Ability to explain complex processes and formulas to people in non-technical manner.