The Pricing Manager leads, plans, schedules, and oversees all cost estimating aspects of proposal efforts for multiple concurrent business opportunities. The Pricing Manager ensures proper planning and managing of all cost estimating efforts to meet proposal deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Translates organizational objectives into actions and goals for cost estimating teams
- Safeguards company assets by ensuring policy and contract compliance.
- Identifies, develops and creates opportunities for internal process and system improvements in order to maximize accuracy and efficiency in the estimating process and final workproduct.
- Provides recommendations on complex proposal issues and matters relating to cost estimating.
- Responds to RFP releases and other calls for cost estimating; interacts with capture management teams to ensure cost estimate inputs meet all RFP requirements; prepares and assists in submission of proposals to include RFP review and compliance, outlining, and follow-through on compliant/timely proposal submission.
- Manages cost estimating resource activities during proposal phase and post-submittal activities.
- Involved in customer requirements definitions and reviews before, during, and after the proposal process, as needed.
- Works closely across all functions to establish and maintain cost estimating processes, procedures and tools; defines cost estimating requirements for subcontract solicitations and internal estimates as well as prepares cost proposals utilizing elements of cost provided by other departments.
- Assists Proposal/Capture Manager in the activities associated with the Development of internal Statements of Work and work packages for inter-department Basis of Estimates (BOEs) on assigned proposal efforts; assigns resources to manage research and data collection efforts to fully define customers requirements.
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and evaluates direct reports. Manages cost estimating staff including, but not limited to, work assignments, oversight and performance evaluations and assessments and strives to develop future cost estimating leadership and bench strength; assists in selection of teaming partners and negotiation of project work aligned to each individuals areas of expertise and workload.
- Leads or participates in kick-off meetings; oversees teams effort through the estimating process; oversees cost estimate reviews;; and follows through on compliant/timely proposal submissions.
- Ensures cost estimates are executed in accordance with CEi policies, sound business practices and DoD regulations.
- Assists in determining negotiation/presentation strategies.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout CEi to ensure we gain and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Excels in communications, both written and verbal.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervises cost estimating and pricing department staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors with all levels of management
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Pro-Pricer.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense Budget Process Procurement, TINA, FAR, Subcontracting Cost/Pricing analysis, Government contracts and/or Government Accounting Parametric Cost Estimating Techniques, Earned Value Management principals, manufacturing requirements planning, Government contracting, business/proposal strategies, programmanagement best practices, programs policies and procedures, negotiation, financial analysis and planning.
- Strong project management/team leader skills and experience.
- Ability to direct resources, status tasks, and manage work to meet required quality and deadline objectives.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate with; influence; and gain commitment of Programs, Business Development, and Functional Management team members.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to analyze and interpret data, applying sound judgement and best practices to work assigned.
- May be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Experience and Skills:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience. MBA or Technical Program Management preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in estimating, cost accounting, risk identification and management, interpretation of customer needs, managing competing priorities, , material and labor quoting, staff and skill mix allocation, project management planning, tracking, and adjustment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- May work extended hours and weekends
- Ability to analyze and interpret various forms of information and data accurately.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-268979