The Woodlands, TX - The Pricing Manager is responsible for accurate costing of retail electricity for commercial and industrial clients. Focused on PJM, ERCOT and NYISO, the role has a deep understanding of US energy market fundamentals and can critically evaluate and model riskassociated with costing various retail energy components, including new ones proposed or changed. While the role itself is highly quantitative in nature, this position is responsible for managing, developing and training a staff of analysts. EOE M/F/D/V
* Manage, train and develop Talen’s retail electricity pricing team.
* Oversee and support daily transaction costing and structuring of retail electricity products.
* Own, understand and critically evaluate pricing model inputs and methodology to accurately assign costs, maximize margin and minimize risk to the organization.
* Monitor current market conditions and propose model and costing assumptions adjustments as necessary.
*Support recommendations on best fitting product structures on individual customer basis and assist in client conversations if needed.
* Forensically analyze cost discrepancies based on market feedback.
* Maintain and analyze forward pricing curves.
* Interact with Energy Supply, Load Forecasting, Operations, Sales, Risk and Energy Accounting on pricing, billing, position reporting, contracts, hedging and new product development.
* Assist in preparing, presenting and reporting on findings, observations and recommendations.
* Perform related job duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar) or demonstrated experience.
2. Minimum of 6years in analytical position with at least 2years in deregulated electricity retail.
3. Minimum of 3years of managing a team with a demonstrated ability to lead.
4. Proficiency in Excel and Access computer applications.
5. Tech-savvy with the ability to learn and navigate various modeling applications and technology platforms.
5. Mathematical aptitude with proficiency in statistics, linear algebra and basic calculus.
6. Good business judgment and ability to make quick commercial decisions.
7. Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
1. Collaborate approach to solving complex cross-functional strategic issues.
Number of Openings